Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

broken micro sd reader

by patr84 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:11 pm

I bought a raspberry pi starter kit (order #359698) and the micro sd reader seems to be broken. I've tried it on 3 different computers and it doesn't seem to mount. Then my friend tried the included sd card in his laptop's built in sd card reader and it works perfectly. I was really excited about being able to set up my Raspberry pi today, I even got 2 day shipping to make it arrive even faster, and now I can't even get started!!!

Please advise,
-patrick
patr84

Re: broken micro sd reader

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Are you referring to one of these? http://www.adafruit.com/products/939
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike

by patr84 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Yes, one of those.
patr84

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:46 am

Okay, I assume you were planning to use the dongle to write an OS image onto the microSD card so you could boot the RasPi.

For the sake of completeness, do you see any evidence of hardware recognition in your Device Manager (Windows), System Information (Mac), or dmesg (Linux)?

If not, send a message to support@adafruit.com and we'll get you a new one.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike