SSH Breaks on Occidentalis

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
playinmyblues

SSH Breaks on Occidentalis

Post by playinmyblues »

Has anybody had problem with their SSH capabilities breaking down between bootups when using Occidentalis? It works with a newly burned SD card and all the necessary changes as per the Adafruit tutorials. After a few uses the SSH capabilities breakdown. I shutdown the RPi when done with it.

When I go to SSH into the RPi again, it does not accept the password. It really looks like an SSH problem because I can go into the RPI using an attached keyboard and attached monitor and change the password. Even after I do this it will still not accept the login. I also check the IP address with sudo ifconfig and update the IP address if necessary.

I have switched over to the Raspbian Wheezy version available from NOOBS and follow all the updates and installations from Adafruit Tutorials 1 - 4 using that OS and the programs work well. So far the SSH has not broken down.

Sorry for the Linux support question. Please feel free to take it down. I will post on the RPi website. It might be a good thing for Adafruit to look into when updating their Linux distro.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: SSH Breaks on Occidentalis

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I've never had a problem with it.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: SSH Breaks on Occidentalis

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Check in /etc/ssh to see if the main key files have been messed up.

I've seen cases (on various 'nix systems) where an update would install empty files in those locations, and the sshd would refuse to open a connection. If in doubt, delete everything in that directory and the machine will generate a new key next time it boots up.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”