PiTFT and X

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
kf4kco

PiTFT and X

Post by kf4kco »

I'm having trouble calibrating X with PiTFT.
xinput_calibrator isn't showing up after I start X but the command line version does work…
The touchscreen isn't calibrated properly, so I can't use the on/off GUI button in X.
Is there anything else I can do? I do have ssh and console access…

adafruit_support_mike

Re: PiTFT and X

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Where does your experience branch away from what's shown in the tutorial?

kf4kco

Post by kf4kco »

I'm trying to run the calibration app in X from the console. I'm able to run the application by using a mouse but ideally I want to run the calibration X app from the console to get the configuration information.

adafruit_support_mike

Forgive me for being pedantic, but the term 'console' has a specific meaning in Unix/Linux, and that meaning makes a big difference in this context.

Are you referring to a terminal window running within an X session, or an SSH connection through a console cable?

kf4kco

Post by kf4kco »

Console cables on the GPIO port to my MacBook Air's USB port. I can hook up a mouse, but then the output goes to the touch screen.

I'd like to run the app from the console but it's not super-critical. I just don't have a monitor hooked up right now.

adafruit_support_mike

Thank you. Are you setting the FRAMEBUFFER environment variable before running `startx`?

The sequence you want is:

Code: Select all

FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb1 startx &
DISPLAY=:0.0 xinput_calibrator

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”