Problem with miniature keyboard

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
jroofjr

Problem with miniature keyboard

Post by jroofjr »

I just received a miniature wireless USB keyboard with touchpad, and the touchpad does not work. I've tried changing the channel as described in the instructions, but no luck. I ordered the item (invoice 445468) on 2/28 and received it about a week later.
What should I do now?
Joe

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Problem with miniature keyboard

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement keyboard

Ulf

Post by Ulf »

Hi, I just received my parcel ordered 03/27/2014 Invoice #464993. I tried the Rii Wireless keyboard and I also have the same problem that a few other customers seem to have: The mousepad does not work. Please advise. Thank you. Ulf

adafruit_support_rick

@Ulf - sorry about that.
Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement keyboard

allwet

Post by allwet »

Today, 10 April 2014, I received my wireless usb keyboard with touchpad (PID: 922) which I ordered on 01 April 2014 on invoice 468645. I charged it up through my USB port on my computer, then installed it on my UDOO. The keyboard functions correctly, but no activity from the touchpad for mouse controls. The UDOO is running Ubuntu Linux. Normal mouse will function, but not when replaced with the USB RF module from the wireless keyboard. I then tried it on my Linux laptop and had the same issue - Touchpad will not function while keyboard activity is fine. What next? How do I get a replacement?

adafruit_support_rick

@allwet: Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement keyboard

richiec123

Post by richiec123 »

I am also having the same problem. The keyboard works but the touchpad doesn't work at all. One time I saw a curser; however it wouldn't move more than an inch on a 51 inch tv. My invoice number is 475442.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a replacement keyboard.

allwet

Post by allwet »

Hi Again,
I received the replacement wireless keyboard and it too has the same problem - the mouse pad is not working. This time I did more research using 4 different linux distributions on 4 different systems, all recognize the device, listing the keyboard an d mouse, and the keyboard properly functioning. Systems used were Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS on Intel 64-bit machine, Zorin OS8 linux on an AMD64 laptop, Raspberry PI v 2.2 with their Raspberian Linux distribution, and a UDOO with Debian (Wheezy) distribution of Linux. All list the USB device code as 1997:2433. All behaved the same way. Linux tools used: lsusb, dmesg, and "hwinfo --mouse". Now with two keyboard failures, failing the same way, is it possible I need more setup info than provided to make the mousepad work? I would like to get on with my project with an operational wireless keyboard and mouse. Copy of logs are available, if needed.

adafruit_support_rick

Sorry for the trouble you're having. We don't know of any linux driver issues.
We can try replacing it again, or we can refund you.
Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread with your decision.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Does it work on a non-linux computer by chance?

allwet

Post by allwet »

I also tried it on my windows XPPro computer. Neither keyboard nor touchpad responded.

richiec123

Post by richiec123 »

I just got my replacement and it's doing the same thing. Do we know why this is happening so frequently?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We see a small number of failures among the ones we sell, but if two units fail to work on the same hardware, there may be some kind of compatibility problem.

We can try again if you'd like, or we can offer each of you a refund. Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will help you work out a solution.

tancnle

Post by tancnle »

I have just got my Rii Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad and I could not get in synced with the receiver.

Raspberry Pi Model B+
Keyboard: Rii Model-MWK01 (v3)

I have tried the F1 + turn off + turn on trick without any success. The orange like just keep blinking...

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”