Cupcade won't load any roms

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
darksheep

Cupcade won't load any roms

Post by darksheep »

Hi I am at the stage where I am testing the screen , every thing works but I can't load any roms. I have tryed lots of different roms even the looping one from the mame website . They all say files missing when I try start the game ? Do you have any advice ? Where can I get the files to re do the memory card may be that's it ?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Cupcade won't load any roms

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Are you installing them as zip files in the advmame/rom folder of the BOOT partition of the SD card?

darksheep

Post by darksheep »

Yes I am . I am going to get mame and test the Roms on my computer as we'll

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Some MAME game ROMs are dependent on "parent ROMs," while others are fully self-contained. Why the Looping game on the MAME site has this dependency while not providing the parent ROM, I have no idea (the Super Tank game, from the same developer, runs, but renders weird on the Cupcade screen).

Sometimes you just need to Google around for another version of the ROM, one with all the files bundled in.

darksheep

Post by darksheep »

I found some other self contained roms and they worked :)

spoon420

Post by spoon420 »

I can't find a single rom that will work. This is total bull. None of my mame roms work. None of my NES roms work. Every single one gives me file missing errors. The same roms work no problem on my pc.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”