Feature request for screen turn off and TFT to HDMI toggle "

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
jomant

Feature request for screen turn off and TFT to HDMI toggle "

Post by jomant »

Hi there,
I got 2 Pi's from u one for my BANNED mining with 2x16 display in a custom case and the other one with the PiTFT screen w/ the case u Guys sell. I got everything running on it (btw super Tutorial, TOP!!!). I soldered the 4 push pins on to it and use the first one w/ the shutdown command. That is just priceless.

My question's are the following:
Can u make a scrpt that allows you to turn the screen off/on and one that allows you to switch from HDMI to TFT and both at the same time. In the tutorial is already the extra for the Shutdown what is great. but would that be even more awesome if u had:
[Power_off] [Screen_on/off] [TFT/HDMI/Both_swap] [easy_assign_Button for apps]

I can't program (only my coffee machine) and I bet people who buy the pi in conjunction w/ the PiTFT would love to see this features in the tutorial to make more use of the other 3 buttons. Plus as a improvement I would add more tape behind the screen. mine is keep falling off and dangles on the flat cable. I used double sided Tape to keep it on for good

Thx for reading, BANNED

PS here are my Pi's

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Feature request for screen turn off and TFT to HDMI togg

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

thanks for the suggestions! I'll pass them along to the product people.

adafruit2

Re: Feature request for screen turn off and TFT to HDMI togg

Post by adafruit2 »

Thanks for the note, we dont think its possible to swap X from HDMI to TFT, you have to decide when you startX - do you know of anyone who has gotten it working? Screen on/off is a good idea, we'll add it to our list :) We're working with the factory that makes the TFTs to improve the tape - it used to be pretty strong and then lately it hasnt been as good. scotch double-side tape works really well

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”