Dependency problems with qt5; custom debs in the way

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
rdarwish

Dependency problems with qt5; custom debs in the way

Post by rdarwish »

Hi,
I'm trying to install/compile QT5 for/on my RPi with a PiTFT screen. I have the PiTFT working just fine, and have written some stuff with PyGame, so I know all of the custom adafruit software is working properly.

However, in trying to install build dependencies to compile QT, I get errors about libraspberrypi0 because it doesn't recognize the adafruit packages to be legit.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libraspberrypi-dev : Depends: libraspberrypi0 (= 1.20140618-1)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have been trying to use equivs to circumvent this problem, but don't seem to be having luck there either. I unpacked both the "official" and adafruit .debs to try to find stuff I could change, but nothing seems to make a difference.

If anyone has a better idea of how to get QT going on the pi, I'd be happy to try it. If not, can anyone help me to resolve these dependencies so I can compile it like it states in the tutorial from QT?

I have been doing research, but may not have chosen accurate search terms, so I apologize if this was answered elsewhere.

Thanks.

adafruit2

Re: Dependency problems with qt5; custom debs in the way

Post by adafruit2 »

Here's a reply by our Kernel hacker in residence
It's not going to work. Their upstream packaging is broken, and requires a precise version. Even though the library I built for you claims to replace the version of the package it's looking for, the version number is different.

Basically, when the Qt maintainer asked for a specific version, they removed the ability to use an alternate (but equivalent) version.

The two options I can think of, and neither is good, are to either install the original package and its accompanying kernel and modules and then manually replace the kernel and modules with the Adafruit ones, or else install Qt with --force-deps, in which case things will get broken when an upgrade happens.
I hope that helps!

rdarwish

Re: Dependency problems with qt5; custom debs in the way

Post by rdarwish »

Thanks so much for answering me. I decided to just stick with qt4 and not use the framebuffer. My project isn't so intense that X will make it unusable. Using the framebuffer was more of an added challenge.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”