Raspberry Pi B+ not working

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
artblack01

Raspberry Pi B+ not working

Post by artblack01 »

So a few days ago I received the RaspPi B+ I set up Raspian and plugged it in to the HDMI and my USB Keyboard/Mouse and plugged it into power.... Nothing happened, the lights came on, the green and the red and then just the red. But no video. Thinking I might not have installed Raspian correctly I installed Noobs instead, plugged it in and it displayed boot up. When it came to the Menu to choose an OS I couldn't select anything, none of the USB ports recognized any of the USB keyboards or mice I plugged into it in any port. So I took a working copy of the OS from my RaspPi B and put that into the B+ thinking it might not have loaded USB drivers or something to that effect and I again got no video signal.
Is it an OS issue? Is there not an updated OS that runs on the B+ or is it the whole unit not working? Or is my RPi B+ faulty?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Raspberry Pi B+ not working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I've seen people trying to use systems installed on Model B's have problems with USB, but HDMI video ought to work. Come to think of it, it might be a NOOBS issue, since I had the same problem with NOOBS. I haven't seen the video issue.

Seems like your video hardware works, though. This may be a problem for the Raspberry Pi forums.

Which version of Raspbian did you try to install? I think it needs to be 6-20-2014 or later.

artblack01

Re: Raspberry Pi B+ not working

Post by artblack01 »

That could have been the issue, now I really feel like a noob, except I am pretty sure the Noob OS is current, could be faulty. Thanks.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”