Issue with Coin button on Cupcade

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
jeffincognito

Issue with Coin button on Cupcade

Post by jeffincognito »

I'm seeing an issues with the Cupcade Coin button. I know the button works, because it's responsive in the NES emulator and I'm able to use it with the start button to back out to the retrogame menu. However, when in the mame emulator, it doesn't add a coin. I'm guessing this is in a config somewhere, I was unable to find any help for this.

I'm using a raspberry pi model b rev 1

pburgess

Re: Issue with Coin button on Cupcade

Post by pburgess »

That's funky. If it works in the NES emulator, that means retrograme is properly configured...so that's good.

Are you using the Cupcade disk image, or did you build this up from scratch? If the latter, you'll need to edit the advmame.rc file to match the board/retrogame combo. Ours is in /boot/advmame/advmame.rc.common, but yours might be elsewhere in your home directory if working from scratch. The relevant config lines are:

Code: Select all

device_keyboard       raw
input_map[coin1]      keyboard[0,5]        or keyboard[0,r]
input_map[start1]     keyboard[0,1]        or keyboard[0,q]
input_map[p1_button1] keyboard[0,lcontrol] or keyboard[0,z]
input_map[p1_button2] keyboard[0,lalt]     or keyboard[0,x]
input_map[ui_select]  keyboard[0,enter]    or keyboard[0,lcontrol] or keyboard[0,lalt] or keyboard[0,z] or keyboard[0,x]

jeffincognito

Re: Issue with Coin button on Cupcade

Post by jeffincognito »

Ahh figured it out, one of the metal contact points was bent and touching the ethernet casing, I've prevented this and now it works.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”