Devilfish mods anyone??

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Devilfish mods anyone??

Post by Guest »

So

Does anyone know how to make one of these boxes into something like a devilfish?

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/release.html :twisted:

I've wanted one for years, but the cost of a 2nd hand 303 plus the mod is waay to much!!

elemental

Post by elemental »

above was me, oops..

elemental

Post by elemental »

anyone :?:

* bump *

Post by Guest »

I will mod my x0x, I have always wanted to mod my tb but it is in such nice shape!
I'll see what can be done when I get my x0x, hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Filter FM, external controls for pitch, filter (cutoff & audio), overdrive and jacks for accent and slide-contol are propably easy.

/daniel, Sweden

elemental

Post by elemental »

Yeah, i guess the 'muffle', improved bass response, increased resonance (to self-osc) might be harder (I dont know much about electronics tho!)

The increased attack, decay and glide times shouldnt be difficult.

elemental

Post by elemental »

* bump * :mrgreen:

303user

Post by 303user »

Improved bass response is easy, as is increasing range of some knobs, details can be found on Devilfish site. I did these mods on my 303 a few years back and it certainly makes a gret synth even better. I also changed the LEDs for blue but wish I hadn't, IMHO blue LEDs are so overdone now and they make yours eyes go funny after a while using it in a dark room, wish I had done green instead. My x0x is staying with red LEDs - more retro anyway :P

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

303user wrote:Improved bass response is easy, as is increasing range of some knobs, details can be found on Devilfish site. I did these mods on my 303 a few years back and it certainly makes a gret synth even better. I also changed the LEDs for blue but wish I hadn't, IMHO blue LEDs are so overdone now and they make yours eyes go funny after a while using it in a dark room, wish I had done green instead. My x0x is staying with red LEDs - more retro anyway :P
did you use the darker blue leds they recommend on the devilfish site, or the ultrabright ones?

303user

Post by 303user »

Yes I used the exact same ones, Kingbright mbd 134 IIRC. I think green leds are easier on the eye so may change to green for that matrix look!

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

Anonymous wrote:I will mod my x0x, I have always wanted to mod my tb but it is in such nice shape!
I'll see what can be done when I get my x0x, hopefully in a couple of weeks.
looking forward to seeing how it turns out. please post sound clips and pictures if you can. :wink:

303user

Post by 303user »

I'm going to do the improved bass mod, the reso boost, the extended cutoff and env mod mods, and maybe a cv in to the filter cutoff. Will post details for the above when done. Might add some more as well, not sure yet.

Post by 3001 »

i preffered a regular 303 to my ole devilfish...it's not THAT great...i dunno:) it's good, but eh..:-) it was fun, i want another lol:-) i lie but my fave 303 sounds aren't distorted....

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”