Get Your XOXBOX Assembled NO HASSLE!

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
The G-Man

Get Your XOXBOX Assembled NO HASSLE!

Post by The G-Man »

Get your Xoxbox kit assembled for only US$150!

I guarantee a 2 week or better turnaround. This 2 week time will allow trouble-shooting if something comes up- which happens more often than not with electronic kits this size.

I also offer expedited service. I will also troubleshoot Xoxboxes assembled by others.

I have an eBay sellers account with strong positive feedback. Do business with confidence!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... TRK:ME:UFS

I accept Paypal!

I have been doing repair work for musicians for 5+ years. I have built custom distortion pedals, worked on old synthesizers, and more. I have the necessary tools, the test gear, and the know-how. You can expect a professional job for your money.

Contact me today!

-The G-Man

[email protected]

emu

Post by emu »

Hey put up an ebay auction for an assembled x0xb0x and I'll buy it now. Then you can take my money through paypal, buy the kit, build it, and send it to me. How does that sound?

-Cliff
cliffemu at gmail dot com

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

hate to mention this - but is $150 enough to build this kit? I mean, you can't just toss it together like other kits I have built. Its gonna take at least 10 hours - and not 10 fast hours either - 10 really cautious hours sorting and stuffing.

brandon daniel

Post by brandon daniel »

Milkmansound wrote:hate to mention this - but is $150 enough to build this kit? I mean, you can't just toss it together like other kits I have built. Its gonna take at least 10 hours - and not 10 fast hours either - 10 really cautious hours sorting and stuffing.
Well, someone here built it in 4, but I'm with you on this one ;0)

SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron »

I'm starting on my second one built for a customer. The first one took about 7 hours, with breaks in between. Not figuring burn in time, of course. If you know what you're doing and use the right tools, it goes pretty fast. I figure I'll finish this one in 5 or so. I don't know about you, but $25/hour is pretty good pay.

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

7 hours just seems a little hasty for me on this project - but maybe you are getting faster with each build. I have the right tools, and plenty of experience - I just think this kit is in the "dont rush it" category.

emu

Post by emu »

so what's the deal? Anyone want to put up an ebay auction to build me one for 450$?

-Cliff

The G-Man

Post by The G-Man »

I just got an email asking if i am still doing this. YES I AM!

I gave an estimate based on what i know about the kit. I could be wrong- that is the game of estimating. I am willing to do the first few kits i get for $150 and then re-evaluate. If i am not getting paid enough, maybe i will bump the price up some for future kits. One hand washes the other- i want to get paid a decent hourly wage and you want a built Xoxbox without the hassle.

G-Man
[email protected]

The G-Man

Post by The G-Man »

Regarding the eBay auction idea. Can you just pay using Paypal or similar when you get your Xoxbox? There is a long waiting list for the next batch of Xoxboxes and no one knows when these will ship. I have done hundreds of internet transactions and found it is best just to keep things simple.

Regards,

The G-Man

jonstann

Post by jonstann »

hey synth baron,
what are the xoxbox #s you doing? just curious. i got the impression the first 50 owners were building their own.

SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron »

jonstann wrote:hey synth baron,
what are the xoxbox #s you doing? just curious. i got the impression the first 50 owners were building their own.
We'll, I'd have to get permission from the people I'm building them for to disclose that. I'll ask if you want, though.

The first 100 were kits. I'm not sure if they ever plan to release a complete units, so they're all "build your own".

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

you think they are gonna release the eagle files to print DIY pcb's and give a parts list for this after the first 100?

jonstann

Post by jonstann »

<b>synthbaron wrote:</b>
synthbaron wrote: wrote:We'll, I'd have to get permission from the people I'm building them for to disclose that. I'll ask if you want, though.
thanks. i didn't realize the kit production number was sensitive information.

<b>synthbaron wrote:</b>
The first 100 were kits. I'm not sure if they ever plan to release a complete units, so they're all "build your own".
only 50 kits have been shipped so far. see this post.

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=217

[/code]

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Milkmansound wrote:you think they are gonna release the eagle files to print DIY pcb's and give a parts list for this after the first 100?
in theory you could make the pcbs from the schematic we're already put up. most likely, we're going to do as many runs as possible before releasing the gerber files.

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

thats cool - I just think your PCB layout is great is all, and people might want to just source the parts on their own and make more of your x0x's - of course, you'd need to clarify that no profit is to be made off of your design.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”