Dinsync in MIDI PLAY mode

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
claiborne

Dinsync in MIDI PLAY mode

Post by claiborne »

I am trying to get my tr-606 sync'ed with my x0xb0x.....I am using an IPAD running Little Midi Machine Sequencer(Great program BTW)
Problem is the x0x only responds to the sequencer in MIDI Play mode,does MIDI PLAY MODE not output the DINSYNC signal..... I have no problems getting the x0x and the tr-606 to sync in any of the other modes,but the only mode that lets the ipad control it is the MIDI Play Mode. Any suggestions....or does the x0x just not output the DINSYNC signal in MIDI PLAY MODE?

Claiborne

I am using the Ipad with a Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer to sequence the x0xb0x and a sammich sid and it works awesome now if I can just get the 606 sync to it I'll be in Heaven. Thanks a bunch!

I already read the x0xb0x manual and it says MIDI PLAY MODE is supposed to output the DINSYNC signal but it's def. not happening on my b0x

I am using the standard firmware that came with the kit....And I bought it about a 1-1/2 years ago could I need a firmware update? or would Sokkos help. If anyone could confirm that there x0xb0x is outputting the DINSYNC signal In MIDI PLAY MODE(and tell me what firmware they are using) I will be forever in their debt. Cheers and sorry for the longwinded msg just wanted to cover all the bases.

xlarge

Re: Dinsync in MIDI PLAY mode

Post by xlarge »

Is your sequencer sending midi clock?

claiborne

Post by claiborne »

I believe so...it's sequencing the sammmichSID properly,and it's connected to the midi thru on the xoxbox. Can it be doing that without sending midi clock? I'm new to midi terminology.thanks!

xlarge

Post by xlarge »

claiborne wrote:I believe so...it's sequencing the sammmichSID properly,and it's connected to the midi thru on the xoxbox. Can it be doing that without sending midi clock? I'm new to midi terminology.thanks!
MIDI note triggering is not the same as midi clock and you can trigger notes on your synthesizers without midi clock yes.
Verify that your sequencer sends midi clock.

claiborne

Post by claiborne »

Gotcha...since it's a software sequencer would my best bet be to contact the publisher of the software and ask them?(I tried googling it) or is there someway I can determine if the midi clock signal is being sent out by myself....Is there an application that would tell me?

BTW thanks for the help. I really love this sequencer! It's a lot of fun.

What I would really like to see is Virtual MIDIbox SEQ V4 come out with MIDI support.

mike oxford

Post by mike oxford »

Same problem here :(
In Midi Play mode, Logic (sequencer) sends Note ON/OFF midi and Xoxbox plays it well. But it does not send dinsync to TR606.
Now...
If I use "Pattern/Track MIDI Sync", Xoxbox sends Dinsync Clock to TR606, but does not play my sequence from Logic.
Any ideas?
Sokkos 1.9.1

antto

Post by antto »

this post is from 2010

mike oxford

Post by mike oxford »

I know man.
???

jmejia

Post by jmejia »

I would LOVE clock through in midi play mode.. doesn't work here either. Anyone know if there's a firmware that does it?

roxxx303

Post by roxxx303 »

Mike BANNED wrote:Same problem here :(
In Midi Play mode, Logic (sequencer) sends Note ON/OFF midi and Xoxbox plays it well. But it does not send dinsync to TR606.
Now...
If I use "Pattern/Track MIDI Sync", Xoxbox sends Dinsync Clock to TR606, but does not play my sequence from Logic.
Any ideas?
Sokkos 1.9.1
In midi-play-mode the x0xb0x-sequencer is switched off. It just reacts to midi-note-on/off-commands.
Therefore it does not create dinsync-commands from incoming midi-timecode.

I think it would be possible to program the x0x that it would work like you want it, but as we all know the x0xb0x-memory is too small for all the bells and whistles that everyone would like to have.
But it's open source: You can remove some unwanted functions for example from the song-mode and use the free bytes to implement your beloved functions.
Forum-User Mario did this some month ago with his MarOS.

Or wait for the bigger EEPROM and put it on the wishlist for a new OS. :-)

My tips:

1. Use the "Pattern/Track MIDI Sync"-mode, so you have the real sequencer-hardware-fun and din-sync works!
If you program the pattern in your DAW you could also use a software clone...

2. Use the midi-through on the x0x and a Novation drumstation to create din-sync-signals for the 606 (or another special adapter for that) .

my 2 cents!

cleaninglady

Post by cleaninglady »

What about just outputting dinsync from the 606 and forget the computer ?

Thats what i do for just my x0x, bass station and 606 setup.

I can also send midi out from the x0x to the bass station to double the x0x pattern and tweak.

It's a great all hardware solution that can give an excellent second melody line depending on what you do with the envelope section on the bass station and it's a synched ; start / stop controlled by the 606 start button.

just another way of looking at it...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”