The Technology Transplant / Cy reconciliation thread

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
altitude

Re: The Technology Transplant / Cy reconciliation thread

Post by altitude »

Yeah, I have to say this thread is ripe with fail, please delete. I no longer want to be anyway associated with this soap opera.

antto

Post by antto »

is this thread still up :shock:
let's forget about it, can we? :roll:

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

ive deliberately kept away from all the drama, but please dont leave textile. (i still need to reply to your email, sorry, been mad busy!)

Ive been thinking about offering to set up an alternative forum but didnt want to get caught up in any dramas/politics...

For the record, i can easily set up a free phpbb board, i get infinite free space with my hosting and id be happy to do it if thats what people/Adafruit want/are happy with. Ill even pay for the domain name. Just need a copy of the database. Would be happy to also set up a free area for people to upload MP3s/Videos/Pics etc, host firmwares etc. Got a load of useful info from this forum and cant contribute in any other way really.

Always thought it was a bit strange theres no forum/even sticky for posting x0x tunes, for a synth building forum!

It would also be easier to search/view new posts without all the other adafruit bizniss.

Anyway. Just a thought.

My main fear is if this forum ever disappears. So much useful information collected here. Not suggesting anythign by this by the way adafruit.

[gwyneth]ive wanted a 303 for years, and now ive got a x0x im made up. Many thanks to adafruit for this, and thebeast and substyler[/gwyneth]

Cheers

:)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

textile wrote:What a lot of CHUMPS there are out there.... Both have given lots to the DIY electro music community. TT more so.. think about it, it true , most of us have brought good parts from Cy sometime and now we feel we must strap toilet rolls to our foreheads and agree to BANNED about him !?!
If you suck a little harder Adafruit might give you some resistors to play with - CHUMP.
hi textile,

you're welcome to post in these forums, keep it civil and constructive. personal attacks and insults direct towards us will be removed and we will ask you not to participate here.

we definitely encourage anyone to start up additional x0xb0x forums, the adafruit x0xb0x forums will never go away, we will always host them. we will also never share the database of posts with anyone, so if you're planning to start new forums - you'll need to start new forums and build a community just as we have over the years. the posts were made from users assuming they would always be here and we will continue to support and maintain the forums here.

thanks,
adafruit

ACIDBAT

Post by ACIDBAT »

Not quite shure what the deal with tt is, but i got two xox in a row, both faulty as BANNED, one has no midi in. wich suuuuuucks, other just started making a click noize instead of a note, not happy at alllll, what should i do to fix these BANNED machines???? helpppppppppp :P

altitude

Post by altitude »

ACIDBAT wrote:Not quite shure what the deal with tt is, but i got two xox in a row, both faulty as BANNED, one has no midi in. wich suuuuuucks, other just started making a click noize instead of a note, not happy at alllll, what should i do to fix these BANNED machines???? helpppppppppp :P
Return them.

Simius

Post by Simius »

ACIDBAT wrote:Not quite shure what the deal with tt is, but i got two xox in a row, both faulty as BANNED, one has no midi in. wich suuuuuucks, other just started making a click noize instead of a note, not happy at alllll, what should i do to fix these BANNED machines???? helpppppppppp :P
Lol most people call this "Scam". They can't just give you a x0x without midi?! Without midi you can't sync it with your computer(unless you buy a converter etc.etc.)... Get your money back and buy one from a good seller like Andy Pledger or Christian Hartig(Substyler on this forum), cause you are really missing all the fun;) By the way, when you ordered the x0x, did you know it had no MIDI? Good luck with it!

Acrobatics

Post by Acrobatics »

I doubt this could be true, looks like someone's trying to put down the product... :wink:

[outsider]

Post by [outsider] »

Lots of different vibes flying around in this thread...

In my case, I bought a completed TT xox off the yahoo auction here in Japan, after reading the forums here and very carefully considering what I was possibly getting myself into, and after a number of email conversations with the seller, in which it was made clear that as long as the case was unopened, there was a one-year guarantee. At first I was quite satisfied with the unit overall, but after a short time, I noticed that the tuning was not quite right. Specifically, only a few notes out of the whole range were out of tune, which was an unusual problem. I contacted the seller, but was told it was most likely an analog issue—temperature sensitive beasts as they are, etc. But my 303 did not go out of tune for the year I had it before it was smashed under a 20-space rack during a studio move, nor did it suffer from similar 'these notes only' out of tune issues. The seller did reassure me that it was just a calibration problem and that the one-year guarantee would remain in effect even if I opened the case to calibrate it. I started a thread on the forums here about the calibration dilemma, and received excellent advice from many people, to which I am still grateful, and although I thought I had managed to solve the problem, sadly it persists.

My frustration was all the more compounded after hearing that a fellow electronic mayhem creator here in Osaka obtained a completed xox off the yahoo auction, but it was put together by a solo builder, and has absolutely no tuning or calibration problems whatsoever.

Also, when I did open the case to attempt to calibrate the VCO tuning and range, I was shocked at the truly haphazard soldering I found on certain parts of the pcb. It is almost as if different people were put in charge of populating different sections of the pcb—some are quite clean, others are just a mess with sloppy solder, cold joints (which I fixed), and even untrimmed legs on some of the components! WTF!?!?!

My original purpose for buying a completed xox was because I had no experience soldering or testing/tuning/troubleshooting/using a multimeter etc. Now, that is not the case. I have put together a number of easy DIY things (LED circuits and atari punks), and recently have built and sold some 40106-based drone/psycho 'synths' (two of which were featured on matrixsynth, google heterodyne space explorer and one of the first results will be mine, the evil red satanophonic hellsynth). Now I feel I can handle putting a xox together, and just ordered a kit from willzyx, who thinks my tuning dilemma may in fact be a thermistor problem, and offered to throw a set in for free with my order! How cool is that?

Some people may have had positive experiences with TT, but I am NOT one of them.

swkwork

Post by swkwork »

"I am not sure that Cy can access the forum site
anyway - he indicated it was blocked by the Chinese government filter."

Hi Robin,
I am a chinese who living in China too. Regarding what CY said about the forum site was blocked by the Chinese government filter. This is totally not true and a lie. This is just CY's excuse. We (all chinese) has no problem to access adafruit web site in anyway. We can access to this forum in every state in China. It is true that our government has filter some websites related to politics, but we have no problem surfing other web site at all. Don't ever trust a word to what CY said. He is totally 100% liar.
My personal comments...... he is 100% related to the fake adafruit domain. He is just using some other idendity or friend "Mr. He" or whatever to get out of this matter, because he gets too much attacks and accuse from everyone.

Regards,
SWK

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”