Help! I blew up my MC202!! :( *Fixed! Thank You :)

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JRock

Re: Help! I blew up my MC202!! :(

Post by JRock »

Well I tried it in the int. Gate out and the external CV and gate and I accidentally plugged it in to the CV in. At the time I didn't think it should be a problem cause there shouldn't be any signal coming out of the CV in of this module I'm working on. It's just a Datasheet typical connection for the SSM2044.
So I was playing the audio through this filter and It was tough to tell if it was working because the VCA envelope is the same as the Filter envelope. So I ran my DR110 into the audio of my module and tried to control the CV with the MC202.
I tried the ext. CV and the gate and none of it was working. So I switched it back. I was connecting different lugs from the pots on the module just to see if this did anything for most of this. I looked and saw that it was plugged in to the CV in (by accident) :oops: so I switched it back to int.CV out.
I still couldn't get it to work so I thought I would plug the audio from the MC202 back in to see if the drums were just too fast to hear it working. It was busted so I posted up here.
The reason I thought I may have fed it -15V was cause the frequency pot has +/-15V attached to it. Now I didn't intentionally hook either of them to the V/oct or the CV pot but I am debugging this module, so... :cry:

Post by guest »

check ic13 and ic18

was there any other connections between the two boards

JRock

Post by JRock »

Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week.

IC 13 is a TL082 made by JRC? I can't find a datasheet on it.

Should I be checking the resistance to ground from the negative power rail or should I pull them?

Post by guest »

the tl082 is a very common opamp
so you can replace it with another one

you might as well measure the resistance first

JRock

Post by JRock »

What I meant was IC13 is JRC and it's either 082 or 2127 and I can't find the datasheet on either of them. It's labeled :
JRC

on the chip.
After googling both of them (as JRC 082 or JRC 2127) I'm just assuming that it's a TL082 cause of the 082 on the chip. I have a fistful of TL082 but since I wasn't able to find the datasheet and confirm that it is just a different brand I wanted to doublecheck so I know which pins to check. If it's definitely a TL082 then I can just go ahead and replace it but I wanted to be sure
I guess I could check the schematics :lol:
Thanks

aminoacid

Post by aminoacid »

its a njm082

JRock

Post by JRock »

Thanks!

JRock

Post by JRock »

Busted out the ol' MC202 today... I pulled the power pin for the CEM3340, with a little solder braid.
Wouldn't you know it! Negative rail back online!!!!

So I swapped it out and Voila! MC202 Back In Action 8)

Thank You!!!!

substyler

Re: Help! I blew up my MC202!! :( *Fixed! Thank You :)

Post by substyler »

JRock wrote:Busted out the ol' MC202 today... I pulled the power pin for the CEM3340, with a little solder braid.
Wouldn't you know it! Negative rail back online!!!!

So I swapped it out and Voila! MC202 Back In Action 8)

Thank You!!!!
Great job!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”