x0xb0x not syncing properly in Logic 9

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
matt0514

x0xb0x not syncing properly in Logic 9

Post by matt0514 »

i built a x0xb0x a few years ago, there were no problems with it, i was using a pc back then, and i was able to sync it and it worked well, but now after a few years of letting the x0xb0x sit around, and getting a new iMac and Logic 9, i can't seem to get them to sync up together properly. i am going into the logic preferences and enabling it to send out midi clock, and when i press play in logic, the x0xb0x starts its pattern....but then they by the 2nd or 3rd measure, it falls out of sync, and sometimes it seems like the x0xb0x is changing speed itself up to catch up with logic or something, but still doesnt sync up. i started up in windows (bootcamp) and downloaded a free version of Reaper. it seemed to sync fine in there. can anone tell me if this problem is the x0xbox? or OSX? or Logic 9? .......or me?

Luap

Re: x0xb0x not syncing properly in Logic 9

Post by Luap »

I have a very similar rig and noticed no such problems. But if it works in windows, and not so good on the Mac, then it might imply crappy midi drivers for your interface? It could be worth checking for updates, or perhaps try with a different midi interface, if possible.

matt0514

Post by matt0514 »

oh, good idea, i was using the midi out from my audio interface (m-audio firewire 410) , ill try something else.

matt0514

Post by matt0514 »

works perfect through my usb midi controller. thanks for the suggestion.

Luap

Post by Luap »

Glad it works ok now 8)
M-Audio can be pretty slack with their drivers in my experience. At least for OS X anyway..

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Luap wrote:Glad it works ok now 8)
M-Audio can be pretty slack with their drivers in my experience. At least for OS X anyway..
Windows 7 ones are pony too... :evil:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”