how long is the wait?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
subatomic

how long is the wait?

Post by subatomic »

Ordered mine today. how long's the wait?
Got an update?
How many have shipped so far?
How many people on the list?

I realise you'll get to me "when you get around to it".
But I need to know if we're talking weeks, months, or never...

got money to spend, music to make.....

(thanks for any update you can give. :))

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

I was x0xb0x number 28. I ordered my box on (around) Feb 10th. On May 19th, the hardware stablized and the first 10 were shipped out. Mine was shipped on May 23rd and it got delivered on May 30th.

So if you just ordered yours today, I will venture a guess that you have awhile to wait.

Also, the first run was only 100 units, to generate seed money for the next 500. So that (may) also cause a delay.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

Jonnay wrote:I was x0xb0x number 28. I ordered my box on (around) Feb 10th. On May 19th, the hardware stablized and the first 10 were shipped out. Mine was shipped on May 23rd and it got delivered on May 30th.

So if you just ordered yours today, I will venture a guess that you have awhile to wait.

Also, the first run was only 100 units, to generate seed money for the next 500. So that (may) also cause a delay.
I guessed something like that. That's why I asked so many specific questions above. :)

Some general stats would be nice to know. How many are left from the first 100. How soon before the next run of 500 starts going out. etc... I would think they would know these numbers anyway, since they're running a business. General accounting...

adafruit

Re: how long is the wait?

Post by adafruit »

subatomic wrote:Ordered mine today. how long's the wait?
long
subatomic wrote:Got an update?
working on getting the rare transistors for future runs.
subatomic wrote:How many have shipped so far?
subatomic wrote:How many people on the list?
few hundred
subatomic wrote: I realise you'll get to me "when you get around to it".
But I need to know if we're talking weeks, months, or never...
no idea

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

thanks for the update. hope it isn't never. :wink:

is there something holding up the remaining 50?
or are they just going out that slowly?

bicky

Re: how long is the wait?

Post by bicky »

ladyada wrote:
subatomic wrote:How many people on the list?
few hundred
well, let's hope i am number 303 :)

deek

Post by deek »

Me too :o

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

I'd rather be #1...if you're number 303 you're probably not getting your x0xb0x before this time next year....

subatomic

a request

Post by subatomic »

ladyada...

Could you maintain a count on your webpage of what number (or range of numbers) you last shipped? I just looked and I couldn't see anything like this. I know I'd like to watch.

It could also be interesting to post each email address next to their place in line - running the email addresses through some obfuscation scheme of course. I know I'd like to know my place in line too.

Are these things going out pretty frequently. Or is progress slowing down for some reason? Or maybe it's just an overall slow process?

Is there a certain component you're waiting on, that maybe you could leave out of the kit (to be delivered later for example) that might speed things up, get you some money faster, etc..?
Were you able to find those rare transistors? Could you sell kits without the rare ones (with something new but similar) for less money (or at least faster time to deliver)?

I know, I know, I like the punishment of spending money, it burns when I touch it, I must give it away.... to you...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

updating the website every day with details wont make the kit get to you any faster. in fact it will make it slower since im wasting my time updating a website instead of finding and ordering components.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

ladyada wrote:updating the website every day with details wont make the kit get to you any faster. in fact it will make it slower since im wasting my time updating a website instead of finding and ordering components.
understood. I guess I didn't mean daily. I meant more like, every 20 or 50 or so, you could add an update like, "august1st units 50-70 went out"... seems simple. maybe not...

have you thought about recruiting a webmaster? some enthusiastic young pup who don't need to be paid?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ill try & update the website more often, but there are more pressing issues (like debugging firmware, handling orders/money/taxes, packaging and shipping kits, buying parts, dealing with manufacturing, fixing mistakes in the instructions, working on the instruction manual as well as the software, etc. etc.) and that sort of stuff has much higher priority.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

ladyada wrote:ill try & update the website more often, but there are more pressing issues (like debugging firmware, handling orders/money/taxes, packaging and shipping kits, buying parts, dealing with manufacturing, fixing mistakes in the instructions, working on the instruction manual as well as the software, etc. etc.) and that sort of stuff has much higher priority.
don't forget all the answering of stupid forum questions... :)
sounds like you're swamped. good luck. it sounds fun (interesting) over there.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”