x0xb0x case and original 303 case different...

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
subatomic

x0xb0x case and original 303 case different...

Post by subatomic »

was wondering if there are future plans to make the case more closely match the original? or something like the acidcode 303, that one looks really nice.

if not, it would at least be cool to make the pcb and all the parts fit something the size of the old case so that making your own case would be possible.

if nothing else (if mine ever ships) i'm thinking about doing wood side rails... :) maybe a complete custom box.

has anyone done customizations to their x0xb0x? case mods or other? maybe a mod forum would be good to have.

adafruit

Re: x0xb0x case and original 303 case different...

Post by adafruit »

subatomic wrote:was wondering if there are future plans to make the case more closely match the original?
nope
subatomic wrote:or something like the acidcode 303, that one looks really nice.
thats because they are individually handmade by each builder (at considerable cost and time).
subatomic wrote: if not, it would at least be cool to make the pcb and all the parts fit something the size of the old case so that making your own case would be possible.
unlikely to happen. you can always make your own case, but whenever you add tons of IO in the back, and have to make it easy enough for inexperienced kit-builders, and keep it all under $300, something has to give. in this situation we decided to go with a cheaper enclosure, still durable and not unattractive, with aluminium panels. the panels can be easily mounted onto a wooden enclosure, or acrylic, or glass, or whatever.

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

I like the way the case looks. I really don't think you could have done a better job!

xonox

Post by xonox »

I couldn't be much happier about the size + looks of it. I'm one of those inexperienced builders and i appreciate that it's not too cramped inside the x0xb0x.

Bijou

Post by Bijou »

It's one thing to see the case in pictures, but when you finally get one in your hot little hands you'll probably feel very happy with it.

303user

Post by 303user »

I think it looks just awesome as it is, although I may add some wood! :twisted:

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

303user wrote:I think it looks just awesome as it is, although I may add some wood! :twisted:
I agree, this is probably what I'll do too. :D

I didn't mean to sound like x0xb0x doesn't look good. I think it's cool and am really looking forward to getting one. Modding's fun, so I wanted to explore it a little, and see how I can make mine different and unique. I just hope I get one shipped before I die of old age. :P

Anyone with modded cases, post some pics!!!!
I'm interested in seeing what adding wood looks like, as well as other cool mods...

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

subatomic wrote: Anyone with modded cases, post some pics!!!!
I'm interested in seeing what adding wood looks like, as well as other cool mods...
just noticed you have a mods forum now. nice!!! :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”