Issues with getting bootloading software running

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
altitude

Issues with getting bootloading software running

Post by altitude »

I need some help. I cannot seem to get the commapi installed right. Using JRE1.5.02, followed all the instructions copying everything where it needed to be, USB driver installed no problem, when Javaprog starts and i hit program to test it get the following:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/com
m/CommPortIdentifier

Which I assume is bad. What can i be doing wrong

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

sadly, im not exactly sure why java does that. it means that the javacomm library isnt being seen. some computers it Just Works on, some it complains. i think if you muck with the classpath it will eventually work...we're supposed to have everything in python, which doesnt act so poorly but the software isnt done (its in the cvs repository)

altitude

Post by altitude »

what exactly is the procedure for commapi? I'm no java person so I followed their rather poor instructions (i tried this on two machines so far) but I think I may be missing something. Is it just a matter of copying the files to the respective folders and setting the CLASSPATH to go through that folder?

penik ettek

Re: Issues with getting bootloading software running

Post by penik ettek »

Altitude wrote:I need some help. I cannot seem to get the commapi installed right. Using JRE1.5.02, followed all the instructions copying everything where it needed to be, USB driver installed no problem, when Javaprog starts and i hit program to test it get the following:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/com
m/CommPortIdentifier

Which I assume is bad. What can i be doing wrong
i've got the same problem. done everything they told but can't connect with my x0xb0x (#037 also running...but). i would like to try to upload the software via a microcontroller programmer....but is the "firmware.hex file", on the site, only a software update or is it also a bootloader update.
if it's also a bootloader update, someone told me that i'm not be able to update via USB anymore.

tkahn

Post by tkahn »

Perhaps some of the stuff in this thread can serve as a guide? I had some trouble getting the bootloading to work and learned some valuable lessons on the way:

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=248

Or have you solved the problem?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”