x0xb0x and Logic problems

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
squonk

x0xb0x and Logic problems

Post by squonk »

I'm using Logic Express 9 and I'm trying to control my b0x via midi. In the x0x manual it says that I should send a midi start message to start playing the selected pattern or track. I just can't figure out how to send the start message in Logic.

If I turn on track or pattern midisync mode on the x0xb0x, and then start playing my Logic project from the beginning, the b0x starts playing from the beginning of the track like it should. I guess the start message is sent then. But if I start playing the project at some other point in time, the x0xb0x also starts playback from some other point in the track instead of the beginning. So I guess I should get that midi start message sent somehow... but how exactly? I have checked the midi event lists in Logic, and couldn't find a midi start message anywhere. So how exactly am I supposed to do this?

Palmer3

Re: x0xb0x and Logic problems

Post by Palmer3 »

wish you..Image

squonk

Re: x0xb0x and Logic problems

Post by squonk »

BANNED wrote:wish you..Image
what

Well, in case anyone is wondering, I managed to solve this. Using the MidiPipe application I can convert midi messages to other messages, so I made a pipe which converts certain cc messages into start and stop messages. Then I just create midi regions with those cc's in Logic, put them on a midi track, and the b0x starts and stops at those regions.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”