x0xb0x and c0ntr0l issues

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Spot

x0xb0x and c0ntr0l issues

Post by Spot »

Hi!

We have quite a few x0xb0x'es on our band, and previously we have just been using plain x0xb0x'es - without any extra tricks.

I recently installed c0ntr0l to our play room's PC, and successfully backed up mate's x0xb0x pattern data. Haven't yet tried to restore that pattern data to another x0xb0x to verify that everything is there, but I'm going to try that soon.

But then I tried my own x0xb0x, and it connected just OK - but it complains "Bad pattern data received" when trying to use pattern editor from c0ntr0l, or to backup the data.

Anybody, any ideas where the problem might be?

Generally, both the x0xb0x'es tried connect just OK (in computer control mode), tempo slider moves - but mine complains about that bad pattern data.

Personally I would suspect cold soldering on the USB connector, but maybe somebody has a better idea to start with!

I'm running SokkOS 1.9.1 on my x0xb0x, and the mate's x0xb0x has Ladyada.

Spot

Re: x0xb0x and c0ntr0l issues

Post by Spot »

And a kind of "side question". Is there any alternate software than c0ntr0l?

I'm mostly interested to be able to arrange the patterns from banks, so that they are more easily accessible in gigs, etc. Obviously with c0ntr0l I can do use an empty pattern bank as a temporary store to shuffle the banks, but somehow it feels a bit clumsy. And also I didn't find any way to transpose a note (basically the usage of up/down keys in x0xb0x) in c0ntr0l's pattern editor...

altitude

Post by altitude »

Honestly, I only use c0ntrol to upload firmware, I dont think anything was really fleshed out beyond that. For backing up patterns, I use Safeb0x, that works perfectly

Spot

Post by Spot »

Altitude wrote:Honestly, I only use c0ntrol to upload firmware, I dont think anything was really fleshed out beyond that. For backing up patterns, I use Safeb0x, that works perfectly
Where can I get Safeb0x?

But still, there's something strange in my x0xb0x's USB-port because mate's box just worked fine when backing up the pattern data.

altitude

Post by altitude »

Search for it in the general thread.

Did you do the FTDI chip yourself or was it done for you? There could be something wrong with it

Spot

Post by Spot »

Altitude wrote:Search for it in the general thread.

Did you do the FTDI chip yourself or was it done for you? There could be something wrong with it
OK, found the Safeb0x.

The FTDI chip was preinstalled to the I/O board.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”