cold turkey

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

cold turkey

Post by guest »

hello fellow x0x0rs!

important announcement - with punctuation!

for a number of reasons, including getting rather busy over at openmusiclabs, i won't be able to help out over here. this was a really difficut decision for me, as i really enjoy both the fun puzzles that a broken x0x presents, and the great community that has been built here. there are over 30,000 posts on the x0x forum, more than any other project on the site, and only recently overtaken by the arduino posts. that speaks heavily to the dedication and interest of the x0x users, especially considering its a discontinued project. aint no stopping the x0x!

when i first started posting to the forums, it was rather begrudgingly. oddly enough, im a bit of ludite, and felt that online interactions were somehow less valuable than face to face interactions, and should be avoided. this lasted for about a year, until there was a post that ada had trouble with, and she asked me to give it a look. so i logged in as a guest user, and fixed the problem. after a few more of these i was hooked. i kept logging in as a guest user, until spam became an issue, and the forums were changed to registered users only. so i created the username "guest", as a commitment to my anonymity, and not wanting to get too involved in this online community business.

but, six years later, i really do feel part of a community here. and just as i gained a lot by being pulled out of my comfort zone and into this place, i believe i will again benefit from getting pulled back out. it makes me very sad to leave, but i take comfort in knowing that things will continue to move forward here. with mode machines now involved and supporting their products, im confident there is a long future for the x0x. i also feel as though ive got a post somewhere on the forums for almost anything that could possibly go wrong with the x0x, and i dont have much more to add. never did figure out the warble thing though! current theory is a bad q22.

so i wont be checking posts or PMs ever again, but if you need anything, just email me at [email protected]. and swing by to see what were up to from time to time. thanks a million to all of you, its been a fun place to hang out.

antto

Re: cold turkey

Post by antto »

:shock: :cry:
the "ever again" part is really sad

guest, thank you for everything you've done here, and for the help in figuring out the secrets of the x0xb0x
i will always remember you as "the x0xb0x guru"

ehm, come on.. DO come to say hello from time to time at least!

Post by guest »

ok
ill swing by from time to time
but its a slippery slope around here
a broken vco here
a bad microcontroller there
and next thing you know
youre in a back alley way
a soldering iron in one hand and an ic in the other
begging passerbys for change so you can buy solder

geez i barely lasted an hour

antto

Post by antto »

:mrgreen:
it's good to have you back, any time

and btw, what was the thread name supposed to mean? ;P~

xlarge

Post by xlarge »

antto wrote::mrgreen:
it's good to have you back, any time

and btw, what was the thread name supposed to mean? ;P~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_turkey

altitude

Post by altitude »

You have been an outstanding teacher in all this as well, hopefully we will be able to hold down the fort.

decoder23

Post by decoder23 »

without all your help there would be a lot of "dead" x0xb0xes around the world :)
i allways enjoyed to read your posts and was happy to get some help from you myself when the pot vr2 f'd up my voltage rails :D

isak

Post by isak »

Be well dear guest.
wish you the best in what ever you do/touch.
it will be sad for us not to see you around any more, but hey its good for you, progress is always a good thing ;)

if youll ever need anything your more then welcome to email me, [email protected]

cheers,
Isak E.

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Yeah, thanks for all your help, whats ur email address :mrgreen: :lol:

Good luck with future endeavours.

substyler

Post by substyler »

so we have to say good bye guest.
you are truly a x0xb0x legend so THANK YOU for all!! we all have learned so much from you and I hope one day we're able to give something back.

all the best and take care!
SubStyler

antto

Post by antto »

so he really left? :cry:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”