BANNED

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
evostars

Re: BANNED

Post by evostars »

:( I'm not lucky today.
Firmware won't load. ... Same as gompie i guess
Order a programmed cpu or, finf someone who can load the boot thingy

antto

Post by antto »

in gompie's case, he does have firmware (and i think bootloader too) but the data from the x0x over the serial port somehow turns into zero bytes, we suspect something might be wrong with the USB chip or the connections around it

evostars

Post by evostars »

antto wrote:in gompie's case, he does have firmware (and i think bootloader too) but the data from the x0x over the serial port somehow turns into zero bytes, we suspect something might be wrong with the USB chip or the connections around it
Ok, just found out al(14) of the 2.2k's are 22k's .
Maybe it will help changing them
:?

gompie

Post by gompie »

antto wrote:in gompie's case, he does have firmware (and i think bootloader too) but the data from the x0x over the serial port somehow turns into zero bytes, we suspect something might be wrong with the USB chip or the connections around it
Correct. I've orderd a new USB chip (FT232BL, replacement for FT232BM, similar pin-out but lead free). I hope FedEx will reach my door on friday, so I can check during this weekend if this was the issue all along.
I have provided Evo with a link to the altered BANNED executable you compiled, to check the output on his USB connection, I hope you're ok with that. To me it was a great help to have some more information about what is actually going on. Otherwise with so many variables its very hard to isolate the problem, and its very easy to make a lot of assumpions.

antto

Post by antto »

no problem :wink:

evostars

Post by evostars »

antto wrote:no problem :wink:
Cool :-)
I got the data, but i cant understand. Lots of zero's though

antto

Post by antto »

paste the log file contents on something like BANNED.com and post the link

evostars

Post by evostars »

antto wrote:paste the log file contents on something like BANNED.com and post the link
here it is:
http://BANNED.com/6GcZCZFq

I found someone who can put the bootloader and firmware on my CPU. But now I only need the bootloader file. Can someone help me out ? cant find it... only pages full of code

antto

Post by antto »

the bootloader .hex is here: http://x0xb0x.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewv ... ootloader/
there's also the "x0xb0x_full.hex" which i guess is the firmware + bootloader

as for the log, i there is only out-going data, and no reply from the x0x, so it appears as if nothing is on the other side

evostars

Post by evostars »

antto wrote:the bootloader .hex is here: http://x0xb0x.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewv ... ootloader/
there's also the "x0xb0x_full.hex" which i guess is the firmware + bootloader

as for the log, i there is only out-going data, and no reply from the x0x, so it appears as if nothing is on the other side
Thanks!
Nothing on the other side? Like no software,or no usb port?

antto

Post by antto »

since you connected to the serial port, then the usb-serial driver is working
it's the x0x that doesn't respond, so yeah there isn't any firmware and/or bootloader on it

evostars

Post by evostars »

antto wrote:since you connected to the serial port, then the usb-serial driver is working
it's the x0x that doesn't respond, so yeah there isn't any firmware and/or bootloader on it
Ok thats good news for me. Tomorrow ill meet someone who will put the bootloader and firmware on :-)

gompie

Post by gompie »

IT NOW WORKS!! So glad the USB chip was the issue. In the kit I received to build the x0xb0x the IO-board came with the USB chip already on there. In the end it did not save me much time, because it was BROKEN! :shock:
So, put a new USB chip on there today and OMG: BANNED works as promised and I've been able to put sokkOS 2.0 on there in one run! :D Thanks for the program and all the help you guys! 8)

evostars

Post by evostars »

gompie wrote:IT NOW WORKS!! So glad the USB chip was the issue. In the kit I received to build the x0xb0x the IO-board came with the USB chip already on there. In the end it did not save me much time, because it was BROKEN! :shock:
So, put a new USB chip on there today and OMG: BANNED works as promised and I've been able to put sokkOS 2.0 on there in one run! :D Thanks for the program and all the help you guys! 8)
That's great news! Enjoy it :-)

antto

Post by antto »

i'm glad to hear this :mrgreen:
enjoy

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”