Midi play xoxbox problem

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
roxxx303

Re: Midi play xoxbox problem

Post by roxxx303 »

xonec wrote:Now I have a new problem: the audio signal from my xoxbox has a little latency. I tried to fix it by changing the sync delay in my midi sync preferences but that doesnt seem to help :/
1. Another important thing for low latency during recording in Live: Every effect used in Live increases the latency.
For example reverbs have a big latency. Also equalizers, compressors, delays, limiters, all Vsts etc.

2. After recording adjust the start position of the clip so that the the first peak of your recording matches the "1". After that everything will be in sync!

altitude

Post by altitude »

Live is not what I would call "tight" midi wise. I did a big test a few years ago comparing various USB midi interfaces and how they behaved with different software programs and live was hands down the worst as far as latency goes

isak

Post by isak »

Hello.

When I do live record there is a bit of latency, after I record the pattern on BANNED midi channel I go to the midi channel press control A for selecting all the notes and then press Q.
It's automatecly arranges to the start.

When I play outdoor live show I put the position switch on midi play and all the patterns are ready in the midi Chennel on BANNED so there will be no latency.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Isak E.

LoopStar

Post by LoopStar »

Altitude wrote:Live is not what I would call "tight" midi wise. I did a big test a few years ago comparing various USB midi interfaces and how they behaved with different software programs and live was hands down the worst as far as latency goes
Unfortunately that's kinda true. I experienced the midi-part of Live to be pretty unreliable in my setup. Even with only one x0xb0x connected it always drifted out of sync after some time. Rumor is Ableton haven't touched the midi code for years. If you're doing soft-synths only or audio loops everythig works fine, tough.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”