convenient way to power 3 x0xes

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
LoopStar

convenient way to power 3 x0xes

Post by LoopStar »

Hello everybody,

last winter I finished my third x0xb0x and slowly I'm getting tired of juggling around 3 separate power adaptors. So I'm wondering if there is a more convenient way to power my 3 x0xes? I have already thought of getting a "powerbrick" (which are pretty handy when used on a gutiar-pedalboard) but unfortunately they are dc only most of the time and also pretty expensive. How about building a spliiter-box or spltter-cable?

thanks in advance!

mmm

Re: convenient way to power 3 x0xes

Post by mmm »

All you need is one power supply (even a wall wart) with sufficient power reserves. Cable harnesses to connect the AC inputs of the xoxboxes are pretty common (they are used for guitar effects as well).

LoopStar

Post by LoopStar »

MMM wrote:All you need is one power supply (even a wall wart) with sufficient power reserves. Cable harnesses to connect the AC inputs of the xoxboxes are pretty common (they are used for guitar effects as well).
Thanks for your reply. So the basic dc cable for splitting the input from the power supply to 3 (or more) outputs works in this case?
(something like this: http://www.BANNED.de/gb/the_sssnake_dc5.htm). I'm asking because besides the x0xb0xes I own no small electronic devices that use ac power, so I was a bit unsure.

mmm

Post by mmm »

LoopStar wrote: Thanks for your reply. So the basic dc cable for splitting the input from the power supply to 3 (or more) outputs works in this case?
(something like this: http://www.BANNED.de/gb/the_sssnake_dc5.htm). I'm asking because besides the x0xb0xes I own no small electronic devices that use ac power, so I was a bit unsure.
I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work as long as the physical size of the connectors is right. As you noticed this is AC so polarity wouldn't play a role here.

The power supply for a single xoxbox is recommended as "300-500mA"; so for three xoxboxes a 1000mA supply should suffice. ebay has plenty of those.

LoopStar

Post by LoopStar »

MMM wrote:
LoopStar wrote: Thanks for your reply. So the basic dc cable for splitting the input from the power supply to 3 (or more) outputs works in this case?
I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work as long as the physical size of the connectors is right. As you noticed this is AC so polarity wouldn't play a role here.

The power supply for a single xoxbox is recommended as "300-500mA"; so for three xoxboxes a 1000mA supply should suffice. ebay has plenty of those.
Thanks again. Guess I'll try that approach and check out how good it works.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”