x0xb0x observations...

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Radiance

x0xb0x observations...

Post by Radiance »

First off all, this thing rocks, but since I'm not familiar with the real 303 I don't know wheither this thing works as it should.
There are some things that I find strange....

For example, I have this pattern which goes : note - rest - note -rest (done)
When I play this pattern and turn up the accent it sounds like the note end's (or the beginning of the rest's) are getting accentuated. It sound kind of cool but I find this strange because I have no accent's in my pattern.

Another thing which I find strange is that when you programe an accent it seems to overrule the decay, even when the accent knob is turned fully counter clockwise. The same pattern with accent's (and accent knob fully counter clockwise) sounds different than that same pattern without accent's. With accent's, the decay seems to be chopped off(while the decay knob is fully turned clockwise).
It would be more logical if both sounded the same and that the accent's only emerge when the accent knob is turned (clockwise).

Does this sound OK to somebody? (does it sound like real 303 behaviour?)

Post by Guest »

accent does overrule decay
this was in the original as well

the accents on the rests is a bug which will hopefully get fixed

Radiance

Post by Radiance »

Thanks for the reply...

memology

Post by memology »

Anonymous wrote:the accents on the rests is a bug which will hopefully get fixed
I happen to like this "bug", so it would be good if this fix could be optional ie it could be turned on or off, perhaps by some button combination?

Post by Guest »

Eww! I hate it, it gives a kind of "ghost" note that is not at all authentic, if you like it why not just not update the firmware when the fix is done?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”