TB3031 vs. x0xb0x ?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

TB3031 vs. x0xb0x ?

Post by Guest »

Anyone with both the BANNED TB3031 and the x0xb0x have any comparisons? Good, bad or other? Obviously the TB3031 doesn't have the sequencer, but other than that..

djarago

Post by djarago »

I'm actually working on a tb3031. From the sound samples I think the x0xb0x sounds closer to an actual tb303, but you don't have to wait to buy a tb3031 kit.

EvilXyzzy

Post by EvilXyzzy »

I will try and post some samples. The problem is, the TB3031 is a 303++. While you can make *very* 303 sounds, Tony found that the circuit was also interesting to use beyond those parameters, so imagine a 303 that can span 8 octaves or so with a wider range of timbre control, and you can start to imagine the 3031's available sound.

Where the x0x wins completely hands down is in the "fun to use" catagory. I've always despised the Roland-style step sequencers, perhaps thats heresy to admit but I dont care. The x0x sequencer makes enough things different that I actually like it, and having the 303 sound in a box that I actually like to use has been a blast. Enough so that I'm toying with the idea of making the x0x sequencer into a standalone box for controlling other gear, but thats another story.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”