the c0nb0x.cfg file is not a "firmware"
the firmware is usually named "x0xb0x.hex"
i've showed it in the video but anyway..
1) turn OFF the x0xb0x
2) switch the FUNC knob to "BOOTLOAD"
3) turn ON the x0xb0x
4) run c0nb0x, make sure the correct serial port is selected (or change it from the settings)
5) hit "Upload Firmware" - c0nb0x will try to connect to the x0xb0x, if succesiful it will ask you to select your firmware *.hex file
6) the file will be quickly scanned, then c0nb0x will try to talk with the x0xb0x to see if it really is in BOOTLOAD mode and that the conditions are all right
7) if everything was right - it will ask you to hit any key to start uploading (or hit escape to abort)
Now, if it can't get deviceID string then the problem could be any of the following:
- the x0x doesn't have a bootloader
- the x0x is not really in BOOTLOAD mode
- the c0nb0x settings are wrong (Port / Baudrate)
to test if the settings are right - run the x0xb0x normally (in Pattern Play or Pattern Edit for example) and try "Connect to x0xb0x" in c0nb0x, it should connect successifully and be able to detect the tempo and so on
to test if you're really in BOOTLOAD mode - switch to any other mode like Pattern Play or Pattern Edit - if the x0x changes it's LEDs, begins to blink, responds to RUN/STOP or in other words - if it operates - then the firmware is running, and thus it is not in BOOTLOAD mode
in that case, if you strictly followed the procedure and it still doesn't go into BOOTLOAD mode - maybe there is no bootloader on the x0x
where did you get your x0xb0x from? some x0xes don't have a bootloader (which is very sad)
i hope this helps
We are here too: irc.freenode.net >>> #x0xb0x
..:: c0nb0x v1.00 ::.. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29282 (new control app - win/osx)
VCO Tuning: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24759 (do it the EASY way)