USB connection problems

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
messym2k8

USB connection problems

Post by messym2k8 »

Hi, i'm having problems using my xoxbox via usb. I have follwed the instructions;

Switch to bootloader
plug USB cable in
Switch on
Install drivers
Run xoxbox control
Install firmware.

This all works fine the software says it's installed the firmware. Now i exit the software, switch the xoxbox off, switch to anything other than bootloader and switch the xoxbox back on. The device is recognised in device manager, port 3. When i load the control software and click connect to xoxbox, it trys, takes 4ish seconds, but says no xoxbox found, if i try on the wrong port it instantly tells me no xoxbox connected.

I'm running windows xp sp3

Any help much appretiated

Thank You

antto

Re: USB connection problems

Post by antto »

does the firmware work otherwise? can you play patterns via the sequencer..?

when using c0ntr0l, you wanna check the USB-Serial driver settings
baudrate = 19200
binary = yes
parity = no
stopbits = 1
bytesize = 8

messym2k8

Post by messym2k8 »

antto wrote:does the firmware work otherwise? can you play patterns via the sequencer..?

baudrate = 19200
binary = yes
parity = no
stopbits = 1
bytesize = 8
Thanks for your reply. Yep the xoxbox is fully working. My USB-serial driver settings match the above. Today i tried the conbox software and the xoxbox worked fine with that. As soon as i tried the normal control software it still says no xoxbox found.

roxxx303

Post by roxxx303 »

messym2k8 wrote:
antto wrote:does the firmware work otherwise? can you play patterns via the sequencer..?

baudrate = 19200
binary = yes
parity = no
stopbits = 1
bytesize = 8
Thanks for your reply. Yep the xoxbox is fully working. My USB-serial driver settings match the above. Today i tried the conbox software and the xoxbox worked fine with that. As soon as i tried the normal control software it still says no xoxbox found.
The standard-c0ntr0l does not work for me either! But someone in the forum posted a newer version which works for me!
But I don't have the link anymore. Please search in the forum for it! Name was "c0ntr0l_v1.0Eil.r10_Win32".

EDIT:
http://x0xsource.com/c0ntr0l_v1.0Eil.r10_Win32.zip
Thread:
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... n32#p85024

But though it works be warned: Some people report that the backup can be corrupt! And here is sokkan's (Inventor of sokkOS) sidenote:
"Sidenote:
I would not recommend anyone to use c0ntr0l for anything. Please note that it will not check the size of the firmware it writes with the address of the bootloader that is burnt into the fuses. I have always recommended using JAvrProg for burning the FW, it will read the fuses and check the size of the hex-file to prevent overwriting the bootloader.Sokkan"

-roxxx303

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”