coming soon... TR-8060 Analogue Drumsynth

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rv0

Re: coming soon... TR-8060 Analogue Drumsynth

Post by rv0 »

SubStyler wrote:hehe... i cannot post the website for the drumsynth... because my real name is banned here due to spam.
but my first name is c_h_r_i_s_t_i_a_n and the domain has my name in it :mrgreen:
ok, so I have to think about another domain...
use a url shortening service like https://BANNED.com

substyler

Post by substyler »

hi,

the TR-8060 website is now here: http://www.freecraftia.de/redirect/index.html
the website is not finished yet but you can take a first look.

In the end I have decided NOT to publish the EAGLE board files.
this was my first thought... but later a well known company came to my mind and I'm sure they would use these files for commercial purposes :mrgreen:
so if anyone want the board files please drop me a message and I'll send them via email.

cheers,
Sub

ps. I have two fully assembled and tested machines left for sale... made from prototype PCBs, but working great. email me
We must negotiate the price :roll:

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Wow, super exciting.

Really helpful website too, just had a good look round!

Im thinking a midibox sequencer is the way forward, itll be incredible then.

Many Thanks Christ-ian! Christ-ian without the hyphen is spam?

Cheers, Ben

altitude

Post by altitude »

So do tell about this "I’m currently working on a new version of this PCB which will have the potentiometers onboard" bit.. Considered making a Anushri type setup? Would probably require little rework of you existing board.

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Im torn... must admit, board mounted stuff is sooo much easier to build.... but you have a fixed layout and control set.

Im not sure.
:?: :wink:

Still an amazing project either way, cheers!

Also, the beat707 project is dead isnt it?

Tron is another option, he doesnt sell them, but he does give way the pcb files, and the firmware, if someone can burn the chips.

http://www.vacoloco.net/synths/tron/

altitude

Post by altitude »

Paradigm X wrote:
Also, the beat707 project is dead isnt it?
That's a good idea, its a very capable drum sequencer and has velocity and gates built in

It's open source now so you can DL the board files and have them made. OSHpark would be ~$30 each for a PCB. with the little arduino u only get 3 gates out of it though but looking at the doc about the mod, william mentions that more would be available with the Mega. We would need a arduino person to sort that out (I haven't talked to william in a long time but could contact him if needed, i'm sure he could be financially motivated to do some more work on this)

"Those gate outputs are fixed for Tracks 1, 2 and 3. (MIDI is disabled on those tracks when
GATE_OUTS is enabled)
You can set the time of each gate by tweaking the following variable: GATE_OUTS_TIME -
this is set in ms, by default is 15 ms.
You can also enable GATE_OUTS_VEL_D3 to drive Velocity (PWM) on Track 3. (D3 Pin) This
will drive the gate from 0V to 5V, depending on the selected velocity for the current playing
step.
We provided a simple YouTube video to show how you could drive LEDs with this setup. The
system is very simple, no schemes are involved. Just plug Ground to Ground, and each pin
output will be the voltage depending on the options selected. Tracks 1 and 2 are always fixed
to 5V, and Track 3 can use the GATE_OUTS_VEL_D3 definition for PWM Velocity. (0V to 5V,
depending on the Step Velocity)"

Midibox SEQV4L looks good on paper but it would need a bunch of mods (level shifter, gate expansion) and a display-less sequencer for something like this is kind of selling it short.

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Ok cool thanks man.

There doesnt seem to be a simple 16 step diy drum sequencer, someone would make a killing if they did, 606 style but with modern advantages. like a 606 x0x without sounds, must be easy if you can program.

altitude

Post by altitude »

beat707 is it. shame it didn't take off though, too many players

substyler

Post by substyler »

Altitude wrote:So do tell about this "I’m currently working on a new version of this PCB which will have the potentiometers onboard" bit.. Considered making a Anushri type setup? Would probably require little rework of you existing board.
this require lots of work and lotsa time I think :|
I'm planning to have both versions in the future.. the current PCB and the next with pot mounting holes.
both versions are good... one for the freedom of layout and one for a special housing (something like the MB-808 project?)

cheers,
Sub

ps. the website is updated: new partslist added, power supply assembling guide added

altitude

Post by altitude »

What you could do is just lay out the board with DIL headers where ppl can attach wires to for panel mounted parts and use those same headers to attach a control surface PCB, that way only one voice PCB is needed.. This is the same setup as Anushri and its pretty slick. There are 26 pots, 4 switches, and 10 sockets on the control surface and all that is connected to the voice board via 3 sets of headers

substyler

Post by substyler »

damn... good idea :mrgreen:
why does this not come to my mind? pfff... :)
I'll try it!

altitude

Post by altitude »

It's a slick design (leave it to oliver) that solves the real estate and complexity problems of a voice circtuit mixed in with controls. If someone wants to wire pots, put the headers on the component side, mount them on the back for the control surface

substyler

Post by substyler »

okay, now I have a proto enclosure panel, made from 1.5mm steel.
this is for use with the Beat707 sequencer.
unfortunately the wooden ends are not finished yet (and I had not enough pot caps :-/ ) but you'll get an idea about this housing :)
in the end this will be painted in black-organge-white... like the old Roland housings :mrgreen:

cheers
Sub

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

wowowowowow!

Nice one!

So i need to look into this beat 707 thing. that looks perfect.

Looks amazing !

Cheers, Ben

substyler

Post by substyler »

hi ho,

in the end I decided to publish the latest eagle board files for everyone to download, so you can make your own PCBs by your favourite PCB house.
check the download area on the website! http://www.freecraftia.de/redirect/index.html
pls keep in mind that this is for private use only!

cheers,
Sub

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”