x0xb0x #59 finished... now for the next steps?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
intellijel

x0xb0x #59 finished... now for the next steps?

Post by intellijel »

So I got my kit in June but did not sit down to make the unit untilt his past weeked. It took about 16 hours of work from beginning to end and worked well (except for me having the LEDs in backwards).

My intention is to now add all of the devil fish mods so that I have even more unique sound controls.

But before I do this I want to fully explore the base functionality.

There are a lot of things missing:

- the sourceforge location for firmware is not allowing me to download
- user manual is incomplete and does nto describe all the funcitonality of the
x0xbox (such as user modes, USB, track modes)
- It would be nice to have more controls in pattern editting... I was intending to use this machine as a Live PA tool in the sense that it would be a way to generate patterns in realtime and edit while playing... looks liek I need to MOD the firmware to do this (and add things such as pattern copy/paste, shift pattern L/R... more?)

Other than that, it is a sweet machine and sounds fantastic!
I have mainly been using it hooked up to Ableton Live as a sound module.
I will be experiemnting with using it as realtime riff programmer tongiht..

peace,
intellijel

www.intellijel.com (deep techno)

adafruit

Re: x0xb0x #59 finished... now for the next steps?

Post by adafruit »

intellijel wrote: - the sourceforge location for firmware is not allowing me to download
people arent havent problems with this. you're probably not using sourceforge properly.
- user manual is incomplete and does nto describe all the funcitonality of the
x0xbox (such as user modes, USB, track modes)
the manual does indeed suck. the link for track edit was broken (and nobody noticed??) track play is == to pattern play. user modes are for you to add, and computer control has been abandoned but may rise again
- It would be nice to have more controls in pattern editting... I was intending to use this machine as a Live PA tool in the sense that it would be a way to generate patterns in realtime and edit while playing... looks liek I need to MOD the firmware to do this (and add things such as pattern copy/paste, shift pattern L/R... more?)
there's no copy/paste pattern although its a possible addition to the next revision since people seem to expect it. shift pattern is implemented in pattern play/track play modes. i dont know what L/R is....

Laztvoyage

Post by Laztvoyage »

Left/Right (for changing offset of pattern i think)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”