x0x on ExBxAxY

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

as long as they are not attempting to make money off of someone elses work, then I guess there is no problem.

scalefree

Post by scalefree »

Milkmansound wrote:as long as they are not attempting to make money off of someone elses work, then I guess there is no problem.
It's not like they're taking any money away from her or misrepresenting her role as its designer. She got paid full price for the kit; what they do with it from there is their business. Right of first sale is the key issue here. Once I buy it, it's mine to do with as I wish.

Tim

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

Milkmansound wrote:as long as they are not attempting to make money off of someone elses work, then I guess there is no problem.
I can see your point if this was a business deal. Imagine Walmart buying 800 of these for $300 each, then selling them for $2000 each. Even then, it's a negotiated deal, so suposedly all the prices were agreed on at some point.

I think you're looking at this from an art perspective, or even an "evil corporation" perspective, where the artist/small-guy doesn't get compensated, or even gets screwed out of the money that they deserve. (i.e. recording industry vs. artist). But I don't think that this is remotely similar to that. I think this is an individual selling the stuff they put too much money into. not an evil corporation trying to make their million at someone's expense.

The person would have to be selling knock offs (i.e. their own cheap versions with poor quality parts, competing with the initial company - which even that (I think) is legal since the hardware is open, but still would be annoying to us on the forums I bet). or raping in price by buying the thing cheap, then selling it at major expense, revealing that all that profit could have went back to ladyada. but in all appearances this is a typical ebay deal. Even if they were trying to make extra cash by selling a unit that is rare and hard to obtain, it's only one. in addition they have a pretty solid excuse. ethically it seems pretty solid. besides the fact that an individual owns the unit and should be able to sell it if they decide they don't want it. i'd agree more if a corporation was doing something dodgy with it, but I don't think that is the case here.

It's a non-issue in my mind. It's cool that the thing is popular enough that people want it so badly. Ladyada has something special here. Hopefully she makes tons of cash. :)

experimental

Post by experimental »

Well, i just put my bid in- Personally i hope it goes way past my bid, it will make them even more sought after in the end :lol: , plus i'm in the next batch, so i should have one soon anyway.

Best of luck to who ever wins it.

Maybe they will reverse engineer it and make a clone :wink:

relaxing

Post by relaxing »

$358... about what I expected.
Was anyone on here winner?

"it was a gift from my ex. boyfriend... he got it from some genius girl in new england" - LOL!

experimental

Post by experimental »

relaxing wrote:$358... about what I expected.
Was anyone on here winner?

Winner :D

"it was a gift from my ex. boyfriend... he got it from some genius girl in new england" - LOL!

k-rite

Post by k-rite »

dude you outbid me. i had to work otherwise i would have snipped that mofo. :wink:

it's all good i just have to wait... :roll:

experimental

Post by experimental »

k-rite wrote:dude you outbid me. i had to work otherwise i would have snipped that mofo. :wink:

it's all good i just have to wait... :roll:

I honestly did not think i would win, sorry.. but i am glad i did.. I am going to pair it up with my 7 7 7 :D Now i just sit and wait.

-Peace

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

www.auctionsniper.com <- tell them that milkmansound recommended you!

I really only use this when an auction ends while I am away, at work, or asleep (west coast auctions) You will never lose with this!

k-rite

Post by k-rite »

experimental wrote:I honestly did not think i would win, sorry.. but i am glad i did.. I am going to pair it up with my 7 7 7 :D Now i just sit and wait.

-Peace
Don't be sorry. You got it fair and square. I didn't want to bid too high since I'm on the list already and will be getting one for $300.00.
Milkmansound wrote:www.auctionsniper.com <- tell them that milkmansound recommended you!

I really only use this when an auction ends while I am away, at work, or asleep (west coast auctions) You will never lose with this!
Yeah I tried something called JBidwatcher. It's a Java client that works with eBay. I only installed it, but never actually used it, so I can't comment if it works good or not.

altitude

Post by altitude »

I for one love auctionsniper. It is ruthless and has never failed me

brandon daniel

Post by brandon daniel »

Altitude wrote:I for one love auctionsniper. It is ruthless and has never failed me
I occasionally use e-snipe for similar functionality, though these days only if it's something really rare and/or I won't be around.

altitude

Post by altitude »

It keeps the bids down till the end and it is great hapiness and satisfication to jump everyones bid and still walk away with a good price :P

scalefree

Post by scalefree »

Here's a piece on the right of First Resale, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/200 ... 174928/805

Tim

pempelson

Post by pempelson »

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 7542873698

...interesting board ?!

kind of "another" x0x spottet on eBay

and the question is solved where the pcb come from...

greetings, Guido

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”