x0x on ExBxAxY

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
experimental

x0x on ExBxAxY

Post by experimental »

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

thats BANNED lame - that dude should post that he wants to sell it here at the least!!!

I just might email him :evil:

experimental

Post by experimental »

Milkmansound wrote:thats BANNED lame - that dude should post that he wants to sell it here at the least!!!

I just might email him :evil:
One would have thought...

Maybe he/she is embarrassed..

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

I just emailed them. Its lame. Plus, they will probably get their money back here.

I hate when people try and capitolize off this DIY BANNED! I do a lot of builds off of other peoples free schematics and gerbers - and I would never sell any of that stuff - someone else put the work into the design. If you do have to sell it for some reason or another - you keep that BANNED in the family! Don't put it on ebay so you can get $600 off some chump!

just a pet peev...

experimental

Post by experimental »

Non the less, it will be interesting to see what it ends up selling for..

:?

relaxing

Post by relaxing »

probably not much above cost, since it's been announced that everyone currently on the list will get one...

it would be interesting to see what a built one would sell for.

I know, let's all build up buzz about how the x0xb0x kicks the 303's ass, plus it's RARER. and then we can sell ours for big bux. and buy real 303s. :twisted:

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

I like the item description :lol:

brandon daniel

Post by brandon daniel »

relaxing wrote:probably not much above cost, since it's been announced that everyone currently on the list will get one...
Never underestimate the power of instant gratification. I'd bet it goes for a good chunk of cash.

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

holy hell! Its at $255 and its still got 5 days to go!!!

I am telling you - this auction should be shut down - I just hate it when people make money off someone elses BANNED.

But on the other hand, I suppose they made an investment in the x0x and are looking to cash in.

They did not even reply to my email - I even sent a link to the forums here!

BANNED them and everything they stand for - I hope their micro is bad and the person is forced to get their money back and the dude is stuck with a box of pilaged garbage. I bet it will sell for $450

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

I'm guessing $650...

experimental

Post by experimental »

evilxsystems wrote:I'm guessing $650...

I vote we turn it into a contest..

I say 400.00 max

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

they emailed me back finally and I told them I thought they were breaking the code of ethics... I think they have no intention of ending that auction even though its BANNED. Oh well, I tried.

CoolRunning

Post by CoolRunning »

Honestly, I don't really see the problem here... The kit will
most probably end up with somebody who appreciates it a
whole lot more than the seller :D

And it'll probably also set a nice target price if any of us
wants to sell his x0xb0x (who would though?).

Regards,

CoolRunning

djarago

Post by djarago »

I really don't see what the problem is, if you own something and want to sell it that's your choice. It's not like the person stole it. What if when I get my x0xb0x I decided I don't want it anymore? Am I not allowed to sell it?

As far as other DIY equipment, why can't you build that and sell? If people wanted to build it themselves they have the option. By selling a DIY project prebuilt is by no way forcing someone who wants it to buy your prebuilt version. It's their choice if they want to pay the seller for their building time. Either way it's not hurting the person that came up with the project. If they sold PCBs they made the sell either way. If they were giving out the gerbers they still aren't affected as they chose not to make money off of the PCBs anyway.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

from the auction description.
I cant beleive im selling this. It is an unbuilt kit. that means you have to build it. thats all im gonna say. It's all there, nothing is missing. If you dont know what this is, then maybe you shouldnt be bidding on it. go buy reason or something.

It's unbuilt guys... this is the reason:
it was a gift from my ex. boyfriend. we had a band together. this is left overs. we never built it. he got it from some genius girl in new england (go girl!). it's still in the box. i dont know the number.
sounds ok with me... even if they didn't have a reason, they should be able to sell what they don't want.

I just wonder if the parts kit will go for more than $300. I think it's likely considering the long waiting list, and huge fanatic demand for this.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”