MarOS midi problems

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rasseru

MarOS midi problems

Post by rasseru »

Hi guys. one step away from acid heaven -

I cant get any sort of midi in to work.

ive got marOS 1.4.1 installed, i love it - its brilliant. I can send out a midi sync, but i cant get a midi in to work properly - and i dont understand the midi modes.

could someone walk me through them a bit? ive tried midi play - no notes produce anything. ive tried midi patterns, nothing. tried every channel... ableton recieves on channel 3, notes ok, but as for triggering patterns back again.... nada

i dont understand how to change out of classic mode or what could be the problem.. any ideas?

thanks

antto

Re: MarOS midi problems

Post by antto »

perhaps try to contact Mario

rasseru

Post by rasseru »

i cant PM him for some reason.??

i have some time off work and im trying again and I cant get it to work - tried pressing d# or f# or whatever it says in the manual to change to classic mode. not working... ended up buying a syncgen for a lot fo money because I thought the MIDI might be faulty so DINsync would work, and nothing!!!!

it was made by Brian BANNED so it should work fine... any ideas anyone?>?????

it would really help!

antto

Post by antto »

i have no idea about marOS
do you have a link to the manual?

PM's were disabled on the whole adafruit forum since.. uhm.. a few years.. due to spam
and they're still not enabled

rasseru

Post by rasseru »

its SOKKOS except for this:

1. MIDI Sync Mode
By default, the xoxbox is in “classic-mode” - it starts playing when receiving a MIDI -start command. If
you want to use the new MIDI-Sync mode the way it is meant (in a MIDI DAW environment), you should
turn that mode off by pressing F#1 (Start-Mode-Key). Pressing it again, brings it back to classic mode. The
description following relates to the box being not in classic-mode. The current mode is stored and
restored after the machine was turned off.
Normal Start/Stop Mode
Unlike before, the box does not start on a MIDI-Start command (classic mode off). Instead it play as long as
any of the pattern-select-notes (C1,D1,E1,F1,G1,A1,B1,C2) or any note in the transposition range (C#2-B5)
is held. When none of the notes are held, the box stops. It also still stops on MIDI-Stop commands.
Start/Stop in Latch Mode
When latch mode is engaged by pressing the Latch Key (D#1) it continues to play until either latch mode is
turned off by pressing the Latch Key again, or until the Stop Key (C#1) is pressed. It also still stops on MIDIStop
commands.

ive tried everything, sending midi notes, dinsync, everything.... its my fave sequencer but i want it to sync from external clock.. so frustrating! it wont even receive din from the syncgen

Dazbo

Post by Dazbo »

When it says press F# it doesn't mean from the x0x,its gotta be done via midi,like from a keyboard etc
I'm running marOS and I have full midi in,have you tried flashing the OS again? Or tried another OS just to confirm the problem is with marOS?

tempomaster

Post by tempomaster »

Bang... Glad that I found this. I'm running MarOS 1.4.1 for now and for the first time, hooked up a keyboard to it and playing in DAW mode.. then I programmed a bunch of stuff and tried to get it to work with midi start and nothing!

hooked the keyboard back up, pressed F#1 and everything works again.

(I know it's an old thread, but what the heck)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”