OT: My Future Retro 777 will be on the market pretty soon...

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DJParisLee

OT: My Future Retro 777 will be on the market pretty soon...

Post by DJParisLee »

Once I get my xox I'm 99 percent sure I'll be selling my FR 777 so I figure this is as good a place as any to put that out there...

I paid quite the sum for it but if you are aware of how rare they are I'm sure you understand its value...

DJParisLee

Post by DJParisLee »

BTW...I would DEFINTELY be down with trading someone for an 808 straight up...

ceedub

I can't believe it...

Post by ceedub »

I don't own a FR 777, though I have the Revolution and I don't intend to sell it off even though I have the x0xb0x. My understanding is that the 777 is even more versatile than the Revolution...more than a TB-303 in sound and stature.

So why are you selling it off?

Just curious, from one musician to another.

bicky

Post by bicky »

quite pricey but there is one on ebay forsale now

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/FUTURE-RETRO-FR ... dZViewItem

DJParisLee

Post by DJParisLee »

Honestly I'm selling it b/c it does more than I need and it's more worth it to me to have a xOx and something else rather then just having a 777...

It has a bazillion knobs which, when used properly, produce sounds that blow your mind. But it takes meticulous tweaking to get there...

I don't really need anything more than the stock 303 sound...something simple (like...coincidentally...the Revolution)...

Also, I like the "keyboard" method of sequencing on xOx vs the "A3, F2, D#6...etc" that the 777 has...

You can see from that auction how much they're worth. As previously stated...willing to trade for an 808

ceedub

Post by ceedub »

If you could be persuaded to trade for a Jomox Xbase09 and some cash, message me.

I'm building a 909, so the Jomox is no longer needed. Hell, I'll even build you the 808 clone if you can be a bit patient!

-C

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

which 808/909 clones are you building? are you using the ucapps stuff to sequence it?

ceedub

Post by ceedub »

I'm building the microlarge 808 and the introspectiv 9090. The 9090 has no on board sequencing, the 808 is reported as buggy.

I'm not interested in onboard for these guys as I do everything from Nuendo/Ableton.

It is my ultimate goal to be able to understand the ucapps stuff well enough to implement it on the 9090 for the hell of it...I will model it after my MIDIbox SID.

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

I have seen board layouts and schematics for an 808 clone somewhere online, and the dude uses the ucapps sequencer to trigger the 808. The only thing is I wonder how he triggers the instruments from that seq. I think there might be an alanog out add on to the sequencer - but still, I was just wondering what you were planning on doing.

I have the Jomox 09 too - I love that thing! I think it would be easy to make that 808 clone though - the more analog drums the better!

ceedub

Post by ceedub »

Yeah-

I believe we are speaking of the same 808 clone. The microlarge d00d gave credit to ucapps for the sequencer but said his own was buggy, then he sorta dropped off the planet since June.

I'm going to implement the 808 with just the MIDI like the 9090 since I don't prefer 16 step sequencing, unless it's on my MC-303 ;P I'm trying to figure out how to get the groove/shuffle/grid functionality off that thing into all my techno box clones.

kokoon

Post by kokoon »

that microlarge 808 uses midibox's sequencer's digital out for triggering. check it out on their forums, i'm not entirely sure which thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”