help! midi stopped working properly...

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dpp

help! midi stopped working properly...

Post by dpp »

so after a move to a new location, i finally busted out the ol' x0xb0x and crank out some nice basslines, but low and behold, suddenly it appears as if the midi functionality on my x0x is busted! it seems to be receiving all of the note-on data but not all of the note-offs. if you play random notes on a midi keyboard connected to it, it will only play about a fifth of the notes and some of them are randomly held (no note-off) or what even sounds like a slide to a rest...

I'm going to take it apart today and inspect for anything that looks fishy but can anyone think of anything offhand that might have caused something like this? Perhaps just a lose connection with the soldering (i hope).

sorry if this belongs in the building x0x forum... wasnt sure about it since this one's already built technically...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i would try reloading the firmware. if you have an older x0x (<#50) you may be experiencing dreaded microcontroller flakiness.

dpp

Post by dpp »

unfortunately i have #70 so that probably isn't it.. I'll try the firmware update - if i somehow figure out how to get RXTX installed under Tiger!

dpp

Post by dpp »

it turns out it was my midi interface which is acting up... should have known it wasn't my dear x0xxy!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”