Anyone interested in a silver case and possibly mod set

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Fiercefish

Anyone interested in a silver case and possibly mod set

Post by Fiercefish »

I am in the process (early stages) of developing a new set of mods for the x0x as well as thinking of offering the kit along with a new silver coloured case. The case is identical to the standard one but is coloured silver, like the one in my picture (see the "guns for show knives for a pro" thread)

The extent of the mods is as yet not finalised, and I may indeed offer just the case, as well as a full mod set including new knobs to match. The price is not finalised but at this early stage I am just testing the water to see if there is any interest. I may produce a new front panel design to implement the extra controls and this would of course add to the expense, I plan on getting all the parts manufactured and small runs can be costly but if the demand is there it would be a possibity.

So:

1. Would anyone be interested?

2. The price would be reasonable but not cheap, kit form but with full instructions.

3. The case mod along with the knobs could be optional, or available separately.

Let me know what you guys think, and as soon as possible I will post further details so don't bombard me with questions, for details of the mods planned see my other thread as detailed above.

Cheers

FF

ceedub

Post by ceedub »

FierceFish-

I am VERY interested in a mod kit if it has most of the ones you posted about earlier, and I like your idea of allowing purchases without the case. I intend to make my own case in the near future, so I wouldn't want to be paying for one that I wouldn't be using, ya know?

-C

Fiercefish

Post by Fiercefish »

Sure, the case's will most likely be around £30-35 since they are custom sprayed using a very expensive and hardwearing paint and the cost of the case itself, also due to the small volumes involved. The colour is quite a close match to the panel.

The new top panel will be CNC machined and engraved with epoxy infill for the legend and anodised clear aluminium (maybe with the option of other colours) I do not have a price for this yet.

The knobs will be machined aluminium, so the overall look will be very classy indeed (not that the stock version is not nice anyway)

The mod set will probably be based on 5 variations (in ascending price order)

1. Cosmetic only (case and knobs) DIY
2. Sound mods only DIY
3. Sound mods and new panel only DIY
4. Cosmetic and sound mods DIY
5. The full works FITTED (possibly)

Things I will not be doing.

Firmware mods (don't know how!)
LED mods (easy enough for ppl to do themselves)

All of this is based on the demand, I will certainly be doing my own but if less than 10 people are interested then I won't be able to get price breaks so the kits would be too expensive.

Here are some definate mods that will be available

Bass boost
Extended cutoff
Extended env mod
Resonance boost
Filter fm
VCF Overdrive
Tons of I/O
Env mod to pitch (great for drums and weirdo bendy BANNED)

I am also working on a dedicated external "Spanker" box which is like a kind of distortion which sounds WAY better than any guitar pedal since the bass frequencies are not lost and it does not add tons of noise to the signal. The likely cost is about £65 and it will work with other gear too.

simfonik

Post by simfonik »

I would be interested in the mods, as for the case, I think I would just opt for doing my own custom one.

ceedub

*bump*

Post by ceedub »

Fierce-

Has the response been good on this?

Post by Guest »

2 including you! I might just post the details once it is finalised, instead of doing the mods for others.

The only differences from my machine will be the new panel, a few hardware upgrades, and the mods which rely on some hard to find parts.

FF

ceedub

Post by ceedub »

Define "Hard to Find". Hard as in we must cannibalize other machines for them?!?!?!

FF

Post by FF »

As in 2SA733ap, the original TB-303 uses these.

FF

lars porsena

Post by lars porsena »

I'm very, very interested in a fully pimped semi-modular version (5). If the price is right, then count me in.

I've just got in on the second shipment so with any luck I'll be kit-positive soon.

Tell us in detail about those sound & I/O mods you have in mind again?

BTW are you thinking of an all-mods off switch? I'd like that.

best

Lars

FF

Post by FF »

All the mods when turned off will give the original sound, it would be impossible to add a switch to turn off all at once though.

The semi modular nature of it will allow completely new things never heard before from a 303. :D

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

interested in the case mod, would like to read about the sound mods, maybe implement myself, maybe buy parts, i dont know.
would like to see pictures and mp3 files before buying anything though. :)

djarago

Post by djarago »

im interested in a rack mount mod for the case ;P

Laztvoyage

Post by Laztvoyage »

wood panel! :)

BijouBittersolie

Post by BijouBittersolie »

I would probably take the DIY sound mod package, I am feeling too lazy to gather all the parts on my own.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”