x0xb0x mods

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

x0xb0x mods

Post by Guest »

Hi,

Several of the mentioned mods suggest doing them to make a 'better' clone of the 303. Why wouldn't these be integrated into the redesign from the start?

tm

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

because some people dont want a synth that is 'better' than the 303.
just like not everyone wants devilfish mods.

Post by Guest »

Point taken. I guess I was confused with the semantics of the wording on the MODs page. I thought by 'better', you meant more accurate, not in addition to. :)

tm

glistener

BLUE mod?

Post by glistener »

This mod topic has me intrigued... being a blinkey S L U T, how difficult would it be to mod this lovely morsel to use blue LEDs rather than red? Higher voltage/LED requirement to be sure... but being an electronics newb, is it possible with minimal alteration to the current layout?

Regardless, thank you so much for this project!

gL

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

s'pretty easy. you'll have to get 5mm blue LEDs from somewhere (thats easy) and figure out what value resistor to put in series. that might take some experimenting. we'll probably put put a blurb on how to do that when the time comes.

subatomic

white?

Post by subatomic »

blue would be cool, yeah. but
what about white? :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

any LED with a Vf of under 5V is OK. which means just about all LEDs (only the more exotic of ultrabrights have large Vf's). i would still test with one first, see how it looks.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

ladyada wrote:any LED with a Vf of under 5V is OK. which means just about all LEDs (only the more exotic of ultrabrights have large Vf's). i would still test with one first, see how it looks.
neat. I'll want to try that. I've always wondered what a white indicator light would look like.

jcoplin

Post by jcoplin »

#17 is all up and done with blue, red, amber and green leds. I used the blue for the steps, red for the key indicators, and the amber and green for functions like prev, next, up, down, etc.

I also ordered a bunch of the grey and red key caps. I'll get some pics posted in the next day or so.

James

Post by Guest »

jcoplin wrote:I'll get some pics posted in the next day or so.
please do, i'd really like to see...

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

/\
||
|| that was me.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”