Responding to MIDI

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tsheets

Responding to MIDI

Post by tsheets »

Should the x0xb0x respond to incoming midi note on/note off data when in keyboared mode? Mind does not seem to be doing this.

-troy

Post by Guest »

i don't think it's keyboard mode, i think there is a midi mode. check the user manual.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

Anonymous wrote:i don't think it's keyboard mode, i think there is a midi mode. check the user manual.
Is this a limitation of the PIC to not be able to handle both MIDI in/out _and_ ability to play notes on the buttons? Would be nice to combine these two. Or is this done to emulate the 303?

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage »

I have mighty big fun playing the x0x via a fullsize controller keyboard... beats the pants off of buttons IMO for live play. For sequencing on the other hand it's all about punching buttons... something about that funky interface just clicks.

(OK pun intended ;) )

Post by Guest »

But it has to be in "midiplay" mode to do this, right?

-troy

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage »

yes, it does.

down the road perhaps a combi mode such as you describe could be implemented (in one of the unassigned "user' modes)... I do not know the technical limitations but it seems feasible.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

controlvoltage wrote:yes, it does.

down the road perhaps a combi mode such as you describe could be implemented (in one of the unassigned "user' modes)... I do not know the technical limitations but it seems feasible.
Is there a usability reason not to have it all combined? If not, then I don't see a reason not to do it assuming the PIC can take it...

By the way, are there any software mods for the x0x firmware? Like a download location either on the wiki or somwhere... This might be too early in the x0xb0x's life to be asking this. Though I remember someone posting a couple mods once. Would be cool to have a bunch of "accepted" software mods someone could try out, collected in one place easy to download.

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

Here is a list of firmware patches available so far: http://wiki.jonnay.net/x0x/firmwarepatches

Here is a list of firmware requests made:
http://wiki.jonnay.net/x0x/firmwarerequests

Here is some instructions on firmware hacking:
http://wiki.jonnay.net/x0x/firmwarehacking

'course there is still a lot of content needed to be written.. *nudge*

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”