live x0x tweaking with explanation

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
briar_electrics

live x0x tweaking with explanation

Post by briar_electrics »

Hi everybody, did a couple live tweak sessions while talking with CoolColJ's x0x173. All the noise is the from the mic pre and I had to normalize, so sorry bout that. I felt like I was somewhat pessimistic during the tweak sessions so that's what the disclaimer is all about.

They're the top 3 tracks. These are meant for those who haven't played a b0x and just want to know how it reacts to knob twiddles. For the rest of you it'd probably be just boring! Enjoy!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=417985

Still building kits, too- email me for inquiries- briar_electrics at yahoo dot com. Will have pictures of x0x173 color scheme soon- freakin awesome nearly violet blue LEDs in there...

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ »

sounds pretty 303 to me, must be those high beta transitors 8)

BTW that's how the 303 is :)

not sure about that tempo knob though...

and the filter cutoff top end does seem a bit low though :?

creekree

Post by creekree »

CoolColJ wrote:sounds pretty 303 to me, must be those high beta transitors 8)
could you please stop bragging about your skyhigh beta trannies? it gets boring :roll:

greg

Post by greg »

um,
you might try adjusting the cutoff trimmer on the board; mine goes way higher than that. it does adjust the overall cutoff though, so it wouldn't go quite as low.

by the way, i think the bass boost capacitor mod lowers the cutoff of a passive *high* pass filter, to let more bass through. you may be referring to some other lpf cutoff lowering mod i don't know about though.

i like the short decay on accent. it's nice and percussive to go along with louder sounds. you could always add the devilfish accent decay pot.

also, my tempo adjustment doesn't do that.

sounds good otherwise.

briar_electrics

Post by briar_electrics »

Ha! I'm a big dummy. El b0xo needs more calibration and I never really paid attention to the mod descriptions. The mods actually go in tomorrow, so I'll repost some files like these after they're in and tested. Sorry!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”