Parts sources and pricing

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jchristensen

Parts sources and pricing

Post by jchristensen »

Hello all, shopping around for various common parts, Digi-Key seems to be quite high in a lot of cases. One example, a simple LM317 voltage regulator in the TO220 package. Digi-key gets $0.65 in single quantities, $0.50 each for 25, $0.44 each for 100. Jameco gets $0.29 for singles, $0.22 each for 100.

Anyone else share this perception? Maybe they prefer to cater to high volume customers? Although I haven't been active in quite a few years, I go way back with Digi-key (anyone else remember the flyers that were only four pages or so, you'd check the boxes and mail the whole thing back in?) and I remember them as very much competitive, and so I'm rather disappointed now.

zener

Re: Parts sources and pricing

Post by zener »

Digikey was never cheap on small quantities, mayve in 1980. If you want cheap prices on decent quantities go to futureelectronics.com. Not futurelec which is totally different. On small quantities just get from whoever has a good price. You can check www.findchips.com

jchristensen

Post by jchristensen »

Thanks, appreciate the links and info! I was wondering if maybe I wasn't searching right or something, guess not. I do go way back with Digi-Key. Too bad, always sorta liked 'em, but these days I'll probably tend to end up elsewhere on price. They certainly have grown since I first discovered them.

Ramjet1

Post by Ramjet1 »

Big sale apparently at jameco

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”