usb boarduino problem

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
andersonart

usb boarduino problem

Post by andersonart »

So I finally got my boarduino running and testing it ....I am having a problem when attaching a servo. normally the boarduino is set up on com 9 and doing the light test works fine, but whenI attach the servo to the locations provided in the tutorial i was given it switches to com 16 and is constantly connecting and disconnecting and wont let the servo sweep test work

The servo is wire
Red 3v
Brown Gnd
Yello 9 pin

Any help would be great sinceI finally got this thing to work some what and now all I need is it to control the servo

Franklin97355

Re: usb boarduino problem

Post by Franklin97355 »

A servo needs more than 3v and should have it's own power of 5 to 7 volts. the ground needs to be shared by the boarduino and servo and the signal line goes to a pin on the boarduino. Could you provide a link to the tutorial you reference?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Most servos can be run from the 5v regulated pin as in this tutorial: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Sweep
If you are using multiple servos or larger servos, you will probably need to use a separate supply so you don't overload the supply on the Arduino/Boarduino.

andersonart

Post by andersonart »

yea sorry guys...being the noob that I am..I put in the 3v pin and didnt even notice the one that states VCC to the far left. Guess because my eyes didnt see 5V it didnt click. It works now and this thing is awesome.....thanks again guys

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”