Ideas for electronic badge

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jburnett

Ideas for electronic badge

Post by jburnett »

I'm working with a non-profit organization that is planning an event in September. They typically provide each of the participants (300 - 500 people) with a badge which can be sewn on to clothing. The badge will be made-to-order with custom graphic design unique to this event. The theme of this year's event is all about looking forward in to the future - a tag line may be something like "Into the Next Century." The graphic design is leaning toward an outer space look, but only for supporting the primary theme.

My idea is to drive this theme into the badge by integrating some electronic features. Something like LEDs, a light-ribbon, or similar would make the badge very "futuristic" looking. One specific idea, for example, is a ribbon of light which looks like a light saber that illuminates when pressing the badge. Including the light saber start-up sound would make it even better.

So, I'm looking for ideas and advice on how to make this happen. Have you seen something like this before? Do you have any ideas on how this could be done, what companies could fulfill this type of project, etc?

zener

Re: Ideas for electronic badge

Post by zener »

Sewn on? I am not sure what will survive the spin cycle...

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

How much do you plan to spend per badge? That's a good starting place.

jburnett

Post by jburnett »

We need to keep the materials cost of the electronics portion under $4 each.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”