Bluetooth to Audio output.

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
justamar

Bluetooth to Audio output.

Post by justamar »

Okay so I soldered a 3.5mm input in to my cars stereo. The only issue is that people keep pulling on it too hard and ripping out the dam cord. It being all the way in the car is a bit of a hassel to resolder on every 2 weeks. I was driving in my friends car and he added a new stereo to it and was showing me the bluetooth capabilities on it, and how he can play music from his iPod/iPhone wirelessly to his car. I was mind blown, then it got me thinking, how can I implement this into my car without changing the entire stereo in it. The problem is that aftermarket stereos look like BANNED when you put them into cars (OPINION) and I wanted to do this the hard way. So what do you guys think about this, are there any products available out there? Is there someone who already did this? I did a bit of googling and only found some blackberry product that can do this, im not sure if its limited to blackberries only though.

What direction can we take this in? Would be a cool community build....... being that I can't program at all, and this seems to be a bit difficulty. Just wanted your guy's opinion.

meseta

Re: Bluetooth to Audio output.

Post by meseta »

Have you considered using a cheap A2DP bluetooth receiver? One that you can simply plug your 3.5mm input jack into? This article and its comments may interest you: http://gdgt.com/discuss/a2dp-bluetooth- ... -jack-1xn/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”