Multiple AA charger (minty boost like) with 4+ battery

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tamere22

Multiple AA charger (minty boost like) with 4+ battery

Post by tamere22 »

Hi,

I own a LG optimus 2X phone and can't use minty boost for it as it's not on compatibility list.

I tried to order a "stupid" box on ebay that claimed to be a charger for my phone using 4 * AA, but it didn't work. I opened it and see it's empty of any electronics, just a box that connects 4 AA battery together and link them to an usb port...

Anyway,

I'd like to make a circuit using 4 or 6 or 8 nimh AA battery that would output 5V at 700mA (or 1A)

I've been told that my previous item (the "stupid" box) didn't work because the phone was drawing too much power and killing battery.

So is there any way to create an electronic circuit that would limit the current power output to max 700mA (or better, 1A ?) at pure 5V ?

I don't care if I need 8 AA's battery to do this, I'll make the box. I just want to recycle all the unused AA I have and get a strong battery.

Also a good option for those stupid phones would be a detector of low level of battery inside the box that would cut the circuit and prevent idiot discharging.

Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”