How well can YOU route?

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Snipeye

How well can YOU route?

Post by Snipeye »

This is a challenge. (AKA a creative way to get people who are better at this than me to help me) - I have a schematic, it involves lots of stuff. I suck at routing, but can you route well? It's going into an altoids tin, jammed toward the front - the smaller, the better. Altoids tins are 3.5" by 2.25" - don't forget the curved corners!

Basically, I've tried many times, but I can't get it to be a good size, and I can't get it to look good - I certainly can't do both. Mind helping me out?

Info that will help:

-----The switch blocks are going to have wires soldered to them, as the switches will be mounted on the sides of the tin - if you need to jam those closer together than is 'allowed,' feel free.

-----C4 and C5 are a little bit larger around than the parts I used for them say - the part says 6mm diameter, the part is 8mm. Give them some space.

-----The LEDs will also be mounted in the side of the tin.

-----Ideally, I'd like both the USBA and MiniB to be in the front of the case, then the DC jack on one side, and the switches on the other. If it's easier to do it another way, feel free.

-----With the LT1308, the inductor should be close to the chip.

Thank you! I appreciate all your help!
Attachments
Schematic.zip
The schematic.
(9 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

baldengineer

Re: How well can YOU route?

Post by baldengineer »

Since you are using through-hole components, how much clearance do you expect on the bottom the board? You could move some of the SMD devices to the bottom side of the board to free up some space.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”