Need Source: Non-Contact IR Temp Sensors

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
seedjar

Need Source: Non-Contact IR Temp Sensors

Post by seedjar »

I'm trying to source IR temperature sensors for a little laser project I'm working on. I can find non-contact thermometers on clearance at the hardware store for under $20, but I can't find a sensor for less than $90! I suppose I just need to buy a handheld unit and see what's inside, and that'll do for my tinkering/prototyping purposes, but has anyone got a lead on a real supplier? I don't need it to be super accurate or have a wide range - -10 to 300 C with 5 degree accuracy would be sufficient for what I'm doing. Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
~Joe

seedjar

Re: Need Source: Non-Contact IR Temp Sensors

Post by seedjar »

Wow, thanks! That's worlds cheaper than the stuff I'm looking at from Melexis. If only I could figure out what the FOV is...
~Joe

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Field of view 50% responsivity 90 Degrees
From the datasheet.

seedjar

Post by seedjar »

Yeah, saw that part, wasn't quite sure what to make of it. 50% as in relative to 100% at a head-on angle? What's the distribution from 0° to 90°? The answer is probably obvious to most people but I've been traumatized by too many sinister trick questions in my logic classes - I always think up the most confounded explanations to these kinds of things. I need to call their engineers about some other stuff anyways, so I'll pick their brains about it when I do.
Thanks again!
~Joe

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”