O-scope recommendation?

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
easternstargeek

Re: O-scope recommendation?

Post by easternstargeek »

Ach! I'll give up my Hameg HM-203-4 20MHz analog 'scope when you pry it out of my cold, dead fingers! LOL!

God, I can't believe how long I've had this thing. Bought it new, last used it yesterday.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/hameg_20_m ... hm_20.html
Last edited by easternstargeek on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

JimG wrote:Bump.

Any news to report on the scope evaluation?
some good news will be announced this month - watch the blog! :)

hello out there

Post by hello out there »

I bought my Rigol DS 1052E from MCS Test Equipment . I think they are running a sale.Was very pleased with the service and the scope.

The fan is loud but everyone I know has had this same problem. It's not so loud that it bothers me and the most important this is that it works.

I haven't had a problem with the knobs. I really think it's been the greatest value for money.

I've not tried the Picoscopes . Are they any good?

If you want an expensive buy but quality Logic Analyzer Leaptronix make good ones.

philba

Post by philba »

On the logic analyzer, I got the open logic sniffer ($50 + test leads) and am very happy with it. While I've only had it a few weeks, it's been very useful in several debugging situations. I'll be using it today to figure out why I'm having I2C problems.

On the subject of scopes. I've got a 50mhz Tek 2225 portable (well, luggable...) and wouldn't ever get rid of it. Analog, dual trace, tek quality. However, I am thinking about getting a USB scope. Increasingly, my electronics development process is PC centric and it just makes sense to put a scope in that mix. I see no reason to pay for display and knobs when I really just need the acquisition electronics and everything else is already in my PC.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hello Out There wrote:I bought my Rigol DS 1052E from MCS Test Equipment . I think they are running a sale.Was very pleased with the service and the scope. The fan is loud but everyone I know has had this same problem. It's not so loud that it bothers me and the most important this is that it works.I haven't had a problem with the knobs. I really think it's been the greatest value for money.
we started stocking the following today!

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/01/26 ... pe-extras/

cheers!
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”