Low Minimum Order Suppliers

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
HooctAwnFonix

Low Minimum Order Suppliers

Post by HooctAwnFonix »

Clearly, Adafruit is a great resource for most of the interesting components I use, but sometimes there's a special chip or component that I need. Sometimes I google around and all I can find is huge suppliers with minimum order quantities in the hundreds or thousands.

I'm looking for circuit board thermocouple connectors (PCC-SMP-V-K-100) - I want 12 of them. Can you sometimes call them up and get smaller quantities for "testing"? It's especially frustrating cause they also sell the male connectors in singles!

lyndon

Re: Low Minimum Order Suppliers

Post by lyndon »

Omega is not really a component supplier, but they are usually very helpful. If you ask to purchase a smaller quantity, they may break a package for you or point you at something else they have that will do the job. I notice that Newport also has the same connector, part number and quantity: I think they are supplying Omega, but I couldn't see where Newport was getting them from.

Alternately, you could just make your own connector: http://www.keyelco.com/products/prod16. ... tegoryID=1 or something else in the Keystone catalog should work as a female thermocouple connector. Put your sensor for CJC right next to it and you should be fine.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”