Landline phone with speech recognition

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
idaho

Landline phone with speech recognition

Post by idaho »

Hello,
I am looking for someone who can help me for the realization of a project running through my head for several months (i'am french, sorry for my english...). Without being an expert in electronics, I am unable to make this device, whereas I think it might be likely to interest many disabled people. This would be to design a real system of hands-free phone, like what exists for car kits for mobile telephony. Surprisingly, this kind of device does not exist then it might interest all those affected by the handicap problem. This would be to make a phone fully controllable by voice; pick up the phone, select a contact in order to automatically dial the number, or even reject a call. Without at any time it is necessary to press a button. Sony Erikson incorporates this technology in their mobile phone (using a headset), the voice command is activated through what they call a "magic word". The user defines a keyword (preferably not a word often used in a usual conversation so as not to inadvertently activate speech recognition) that, once it is set, the system triggers the voice input of the contact to join. Here, for example the type of transactions generated:
User: "Drosophila" (this is the magic word)
Phone: "Say the name of the caller after the beep. Beep! "
User: "Patrick"
Phone: the system automatically dials the number of contact recorded in the phone book as Patrick.
The system should incorporate a sufficiently powerful speaker and a microphone of good quality. This http://www.veear.eu/Products/EasyVR.aspx module would take care of all the voice recognition part. However, I do not have the skills to integrate this technology as part of my project. If someone interested in this idea, thank you for letting me know. Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”