Can you design a custom spycam?

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zennwu

Can you design a custom spycam?

Post by zennwu »

Can you design a spycam (hidden camera) to record the copied documents from a photocopier. Please contact me and tell me what your design would look like, how much time it would cost to build it and what it would cost...

-How would your design fit seamlessly on the device. I should be able to integrate it easily. And of course It shouldn't be obvious your device is there...
-How does it manage battery life, because batteries don't last long. How does the activation and deactivation of your device work.

hjohnson

Re: Can you design a custom spycam?

Post by hjohnson »

hehehehe... no thanks. I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole, not without good proof that you're not planning to do something bad with it. (IE maybe I'll help you if you can present law enforcement credentials) Your specs just seem *way* too sketchy. If you were designing one for yourself, it means that you're interested in the process, (IE citizen engineer). But straight up asking for a design to me shows intent to use it. No thanks.

lyndon

Re: Can you design a custom spycam?

Post by lyndon »

If you have a legitimate use for this on your own copier (e.g., you don't want employees using the copier for personal reasons), contact the manufacturer. Many modern copiers save copies of the documents scanned internally and they can be retrieved.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”